Poll Options
View poll results: sick or not?
wrong
45 59%
it's perfectly alright
31 41%
Voters: 76.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74

alright, I know this is old new and has been a topic for a while, but I just found it and felt the need to discuss this with my good friends on ug

anyway, what do you think of this? should a child really be allowed to decide when its ready to stop breastfeeding? or is this sick to you?

EDIT: we're talking about ages around 8 years old still being breastfed here
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 31, 2008,
I think they should have gotten out of that stage by that age. It's not good. It's like letting the child stay in nappies or have a dummy for too long. It's not as good in the long run.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
damnit i voted its perfectly alright, not realising you were talking about kids being breast fed, not babies. i feel silly now.......
Breast feeding is essential while the baby develops its own immune system, but it should really stop once it can crawl confidently.

Babies should be allowed to play on the floor and eat dirt, it didn't do you and me any harm, it's fine for baby boo.
LOL a dummy is what you yanks call a pacifier although my daughter calls it a diddy!! LOL!!
Quote by CoreysMonster
a dummy? youu brits let your kids play with idiots?

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by CoreysMonster
a dummy? youu brits let your kids play with idiots?
A "pacifier" we call it a dummy because it's a fake nipple - a "dummy tit"
Also I voted wrong because I figured TS asked whether it was wrong for them tom be breastfeeding at that age... ~sigh~ nevermind.
Quote by SteveHouse
As soon as a kid gets to 3... It should stop...
I mean 8 years old? That's ****ing sick.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by DimebagJosho
As soon as a kid gets to 3... It should stop...
I mean 8 years old? That's ****ing sick.
3? That's way too old imo, 12 months would be more than long enough
Oops. Hit the wrong one. I wanted to say no.

I agree with those who say no. Thinking about it now, if I were to suck my momma's titty, that would just be awkward.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
It's not natural to keep breastfeeding past very early years, I think some women just feel that they lose a bond with their child when they stop but it's just unnecessary once the child has developed sufficiently to get the right amount of nutrients from proper food. Look at when other mammals stop doing it.
That is just ****ing ridiculous, the parents should be ashamed of themselves.
"I still suck my mums boobs, and Im 8 years old!"
The child would be completely self aware in that aspect at that age, I think its psycologically unhealthy.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

lets just hope that when the kid's older and her friends are over at her place she doesnt say, "so, who wants a drink?"
I see no sign of fortress.
I'm 19 and still like to have tits in my mouth...But when it comes to sucking their moms tits 'til their 8...****ing ridiculous.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Phorgot
lets just hope that when the kid's older and her friends are over at her place she doesnt say, "so, who wants a drink?"
No, lets hope when that question is asked no one says "Got Milk?"
I voted wrong..I meant to say it's wrong for an 8 year old to be breastfeeding, breastfeeding in general is fine. Kids breastfeeding at 8 is just disturbing i reckon they should've stopped when they were like 1 or 2..it's really unatural and they'll probably just end up being messed up when theyre older lol
*boner*..

I think it's wrong honestly, I think its just unnatural
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Breast feeding is essential while the baby develops its own immune system, but it should really stop once it can crawl confidently.

Babies should be allowed to play on the floor and eat dirt, it didn't do you and me any harm, it's fine for baby boo.

Agreed. On your second paragraph, I've actually heard that giving your baby the freedom to "eat dirt" and the like, actually prevents them from getting serious allergies, since they have developed experience with may different things. I'm not sure about the truth of that, though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Agreed. On your second paragraph, I've actually heard that giving your baby the freedom to "eat dirt" and the like, actually prevents them from getting serious allergies, since they have developed experience with may different things. I'm not sure about the truth of that, though.
EXACTLY.

There is a link between over-protectiveness and allergies AND, in fact, asthma.
Quote by freedoms_stain
EXACTLY.

Brilliant, actually, when I look at the friends of mine who have asthma, and in Britain there is a shocking amount, many of them had a pretty sterile and sheltered time when very young. They don't now - being fifteen - but in one respect, their formative years could have been better.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freedoms_stain
EXACTLY.

Unfortunately for me asthma is a result of it being in the family.
Quote by SteveHouse
oh crap. i voted for "perfectly alright" without reading the thread. Well, that'll teach me. Of course its wrong for an 8 year old to be breast fed. It almost goes without saying. That kid is going to cop some serious crap when he grows up.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by Phorgot

UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by SlicedBread
damnit i voted its perfectly alright, not realising you were talking about kids being breast fed, not babies. i feel silly now.......

same here >.<
"Kids in the backseat cause accidents, accidents in the back cause kids."

"Secrets are like herpes, if you have 'em you might as well spread 'em."
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I think they should have gotten out of that stage by that age. It's not good. It's like letting the child stay in nappies or have a dummy for too long. It's not as good in the long run.

+1
I can't understand why the mother would let her kids be breastfed for so long. Surely she must be sick of it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.