... for the next two weeks. I'm off to Berlin with four of my friends to visit with an exchange student we befriended last year. Folks who have been to Berlin, what's good? Obviously I'm going to drink a hell of a lot, but I want to develop a mental list of places I want to hit. I know I want to go to the museum with the Ishtar Gate of Babylon in it, because that's just too epic. I'm sure my German friend has plenty planned for us, but I'm interested to hear what UG would do in my shoes. By the way, I have 200 euros pocket money to start with and $1100 USD in a checking account for when I run out.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
dude, can you give me said friends messenger number? because I'm moving to berlin in 2 weeks but have no idea about what parts of town are good, which areas are cheap etc. if you could somehow ask him these things for me it would be awesome.

oh and to answer your question, be sure to visit the zoo in berlin, it's packed with awesome.

and the Brandenburger Tor (gate). not that exciting, but it's one of those "have to see" places. also, the Bundestag, which is basically the German parliament, and there is this place called "Museumsinsel" (island of museums) which has some of the most beautiful museums ever.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Have fun, go to Munich.

Also, the Germans drink at any time during the day, join in with the culture.

Munich is nowhere near Berlin

and we don't drink at any time during the day, a very popular German saying is "Kein Bier vor vier!" (no beer before 4 o'clock)
don't mention the war.

EDIT: i forgot that americans don't have faulty towers on t.v every now and then.
Quote by CoreysMonster

and we don't drink at any time during the day, a very popular German saying is "Kein Bier vor vier!" (no beer before 4 o'clock)

Of course. They are referring to AM though
Quote by metallica92
don't mention the war.

EDIT: i forgot that americans don't have faulty towers on t.v every now and then.

i did once but i think i got away with it .....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by CoreysMonster

I know it isn't near, but Munich is awesome. Also, when I visited there was a market in front of our hotel and there was a beer stand at which people were drinking at 10 AM
Quote by CoreysMonster
dude, can you give me said friends messenger number? because I'm moving to berlin in 2 weeks but have no idea about what parts of town are good, which areas are cheap etc. if you could somehow ask him these things for me it would be awesome.

oh and to answer your question, be sure to visit the zoo in berlin, it's packed with awesome.

and the Brandenburger Tor (gate). not that exciting, but it's one of those "have to see" places. also, the Bundestag, which is basically the German parliament, and there is this place called "Museumsinsel" (island of museums) which has some of the most beautiful museums ever.

I don't know how he'd feel about me giving out any of his contact information, so I'm sorry, but I can't do that right now. I will be sure to report on what I've learned two weeks from now, though. I leave tomorrow and I get back on the fifteenth of August. Also, the island of museums is one of the only things I already know about, and I'm definitely going to try to get there.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
I don't know how he'd feel about me giving out any of his contact information, so I'm sorry, but I can't do that right now. I will be sure to report on what I've learned two weeks from now, though. I leave tomorrow and I get back on the fifteenth of August. Also, the island of museums is one of the only things I already know about, and I'm definitely going to try to get there.

well then is there anyway you can ask him via messenger or summat, and just send me the answer? if not, that's perfectly alright. I just don't know anyone at all in berlin, so I'm kinda freaked going there without knowing anything about life there.
I'm German...and we drink whenever we feel like it here in Munich
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
^ I second the holocaust memorial. Admittedly it's somewhat miserable, but its still an impressive design concept. Unfortunately my visit was ruined by a bunch of screaming schoolkids using it to play hide and seek. Potsdamer Platz is worth a look too, as is the Reichstag.
Quote by bluewilliams
^ I second the holocaust memorial. Admittedly it's somewhat miserable, but its still an impressive design concept. Unfortunately my visit was ruined by a bunch of screaming schoolkids using it to play hide and seek. Potsdamer Platz is worth a look too, as is the Reichstag.

Damn it I was going to say Potsdamer Platz... I just watched The Wall live in Berlin last night so it was the first thing that came to mind...

I mean how epic is that?
Im not German and i drink whenever i want.

Anyway, ive always wanted to visit Germany so have fun man.
Berlin is a great time. I stayed at the Sunflower Hostel right in the heart of old East Berlin. Great time. I suggest the basics, Brandenburger Tor, Potsdamer Platz, Eastside Gallery etc. The Holocaust museum is actually an amazing piece of architecture. There's also a few modern art museums that are great. The name of the my favorite one I saw escapes me, but it had a small bridge made out of human fat. Epic. There's a little headshop in Potsdamer Platz called Mary Johanna that has sweet t-shirts and huge bongs, I enjoyed it.

Oh, and eat all the döner kebabs you can. I can't find a döner place anywhere in the states and i miss their deliciousness.
Quote by Johnny_truant
The Pit will miss u man

Best username ever.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
go see the jewish monument, dont go up the berlin tower, go into and up the reichstag. and make sure you go out to bars in both east and west berlin. the east has a really run down and rugged feel but is really rock and roll because of that, whereas the west thinks they are much more upmarket. the thing is west berlin-ese can sometimes not want to go the east and vice versa, depending on how strong they feel about the subject.