Alright so I have a really cool VoxAD50VT and I play a Fender SSH strat and I really like the way it sounds for Hadrcore, alt, experimental stuff and I also have a
Squier Bp 15 bass amp for my bass of course. The thing is I hardly ever play bass anymore and I want to focus my time on guitar. So now I have two amps and I was wonder if I could play my guitar though both to get all thought cool to amp sounds like The Killers, panning suff like that. What do you guys think?
Thanks
not the best of ideas bass amps are not designed to take frequences that the the guitar can go to and vice versa
Grab a Y splitter lead and you're sorted.
Bass amps work great for guitar

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Do I need a Y spitter becuase right now I was going to use my DD-7 spilt the singals that way. Would that work also? I'm sorry if I'm being a noob I'm kinda new to pedals.
Quote by stewart91
not the best of ideas bass amps are not designed to take frequences that the the guitar can go to and vice versa

very wrong. Prime example, the Fender Bassman, Traynor YBA, and a few other amps were bass amps, but made popular by electric guitar usage.

Bass amp speakers, believe it or not, have a much wider range of frequencies that a guitar amp has. A guitar speaker has, generally a range of 60 hz to 5000khz, while 10 inch bass speakers go from 20 hz to 20,000hz.

However, bass speakers have a more pronounced low end than the guitar speaker, because they have acess to a lower range of frequencies.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
very wrong. Prime example, the Fender Bassman, Traynor YBA, and a few other amps were bass amps, but made popular by electric guitar usage.

Bass amp speakers, believe it or not, have a much wider range of frequencies that a guitar amp has. A guitar speaker has, generally a range of 60 hz to 5000khz, while 10 inch bass speakers go from 20 hz to 20,000hz.

However, bass speakers have a more pronounced low end than the guitar speaker, because they have acess to a lower range of frequencies.

The guitar speakers don't go that low, and the bass speaker don't get that much range, but you are rightin saying that bass speakers have more bass, and similar treble range. A lot of bass amps also have a tweeter, giving them even more treble headroom.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Actually, metal bands use bass amps for guitar sometimes to get that chugchug sound, and you can blast a bass amp because it won't blow as easily with a guitar plugged into it (Atleast with my trials they haven't) I used to always use a bass amp as I was a bass player before I joined my band and happened to have a strat laying around I would mess around on, It makes a very crunchy tone with distortion and the cleans sound very good.
Quote by gm jack
The guitar speakers don't go that low, and the bass speaker don't get that much range, but you are rightin saying that bass speakers have more bass, and similar treble range. A lot of bass amps also have a tweeter, giving them even more treble headroom.

texas heat goes as low as 70hz

many of these eminence speakers go below 50hz:

http://www.usspeaker.com/12.htm

This bass speaker goes to 9khz.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Legend-B102-10-Bass-Speaker?sku=667707

You're right on the bass speaker's highest requency, somewhat, but the eminence legends have very low frequencies available, and all the way up to 20khz, they are in fact, pa speakers, but they work very well for bass.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Bass amps can reach the guitar frequencies without a problem. It's the bass speakers that have trouble reaching guitar frequencies so a large part of a bass amp working for guitar has to do witht he speakers you are using. Another thing to considar is that extra bass responce you get from a bass amp can make distorted tones sound very out of controll. You may find that you need a compressor or eq pedal to tighten up your bass end.
Not taking any online orders.
If you can get a pedal with stereo outputs you can use both amps together. It's what I do with my rig (see sig). I use the drums so sometimes I run the drums to the bass amp while I use my guitar on the BJr. For certain effects such as panning or chorus I switch to stereo mode.
Quote by stewart91

Wrong. The Fender Bassman and Marshall JTM45 (the two most important "guitar" amplifiers in rock history) are both bass amps.