I'm looking for a good modeling amp for both clean and lead channels under 500$.

I'm currently looking at the Vox Valvetronix, Peavey Vypyr, Marshall MGDFX and Line6's FlextonesIII and SpiderIII.

Comments, opinions on those ?
Other suggestions ?

Thanks
Last edited by slappyx at Jul 31, 2008,
i heard the peavey vypyr is gonna be phenomenal but who actually knows?

i would vote the vox

anyway why do you need a modelling amp, if you give us genres of music you play we can direct you towards a better sounding amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

not a spider
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Explosion

Amps:
Peavey ValveKing 112

Effects:
BOSS ME-50
Metal Muff
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
If you want a modelling amp then in that buget I'd say the Roland Cube is easily the winner. In fact, even if buget wasn't an issue, I can only think of a Spider Valve that might be better and in some areas that might even be debateable..
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by timzee117
anyway why do you need a modelling amp, if you give us genres of music you play we can direct you towards a better sounding amp

I like to play a lot of things going from blues, country, jazz, classic rock to hard rock and metal... that's why i need as much versatility as possible
Last edited by slappyx at Aug 2, 2008,
Modelling amps can make a lot of sense on a buget despite what valve affecionados might say. In terms of a valve amp there is a limited abmount you can get for that price anyway. There is the Valve King which is cheap but for a valve amp I found it underwhelming or maybe a Laney VC30, though that will need some pedals to help it along. Of the ones you mentioned the Vox is very good but it really strugles with Metal, Spider III is awful except for Metal and the less said about the Marshall MG the better. The Flextone is supposed to be better though I haven't tried one and I don't know about the Vypyr but realistically it will have to be very good indeed to beat the Roland Cube and will probably be more expensive anyway.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1