Page 1 of 8
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/theampersand/archive/2008/07/30/sea-monster-washes-up-on-gawker.aspx

Seriously, what is that thing could this be the beginning of real life surface show?

Edit:
New link, for those who doubted sea monster 'cause it wasn't on the news, here.

http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/ny-lijoy0801,0,5138315.column
鋼の錬金術師
Last edited by Punkismygod at Aug 1, 2008,
That's not a sea monster!

It's just your regular, bog standard, basic, cow with an eagle's face, that has drowned and got washed up on a beach.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
For some reason the page won't load for me. But it could be anything. A lot of "washed up sea monsters" end up just being decaying corpses of whales and other cetaceans, or sharks.

But another source just loaded for me, and there's no way it's a sea monster- it doesn't look that well adapted for much. Then there's the possibility of it having been photoshopped.
Looks tasty, with it's chicken-like texture.

That thing is seriously weird.
Originally Posted by filthandfury

haha

I congratulate you good sir on being EPIC.

I think that accuratly states that link
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Because I have seen so many things like this photoshopped before, I have a hard time believing it is true.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
For some reason the page won't load for me. But it could be anything. A lot of "washed up sea monsters" end up just being decaying corpses of whales and other cetaceans, or sharks.

But another source just loaded for me, and there's no way it's a sea monster- it doesn't look that well adapted for much. Then there's the possibility of it having been photoshopped.

That's the pic.
manbearpig?
On a scale of one to awesome...
I'm the sh!t.

Quote by mr.cheese..
GYMCLASSHERO!!!!! THANK YOU FOR LIBERATING MY TESTACLES AND PENIS!!! (at least on the weekends)!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Here:

Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by Deliriumbassist

True. Just because it's on sand doesn't mean it's a sea creature. Could be from anywhere
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
i dont think it looks shopped, its too 'perfect', the way it lies in the sand and so forth. weird animals.
theres something around its arm. fake, atleast i think so.. by now there must be more than one picture, its to weird for there to be only one pic of this "supposedly unkown seamonster"
id love it to be real though
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Whos been taking pictures of me while I was sleeping?

It kind of looks fake. If it is then they done a pretty good job of it.
I can't believe you guys don't see it! It's obvious!

+

How their bodies got fused together I still can't figure out. Perhaps they're working on a new muppets film?

Muppets go GM.

Could be good. Although obviously, it's going to be cancelled now one of the actors has died.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Did the people who posted pictures for "my benefit" not read my second paragraph?
...I jumped the gun
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You would've thought that more than one photo would have been published.

Exactly.
Do you think the suspicion of shooping is down to our own narrow mindedness?

EDIT: It probably is fake. I can't figure out where that thing would survive well.

EDIT2: Is it's head a fish of some description, an eagle or a fusion of both?

EDIT3: They found a new tribe in south America a few months ago- you all remember- what's to say we can't have a new species?

I'll shush now
Last edited by _Tim_ at Jul 31, 2008,
It looks like one of my neighbors... maybe its one of her satanic offspring.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by _Tim_

EDIT: It probably is fake. I can't figure out where that thing would survive well.
The fact that it looks suspiciously like oven baked chicken is why we think it's shooped.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You would've thought that more than one photo would have been published.
+1 I vote fake.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Damn you, GymClassHero, I was gonna say that!!!

BUt it looks and sounds pretty convincing, it states that there were eyewitnesses. It's sad that there are so many instances of computer-assisted hoaxes and attempts for game that as soon as something like this happens, people automatically assume it is definitely fake.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by _Tim_

The front claws look like they could be used for diggery, and therefore may be an underground dweller if it's real. However, with no idea of scale, that's a moot point for now.

And come to think of it, it's head looks suspisciously like the Cloverfield monster's head a little.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The front claws look like they could be used for diggery, and therefore may be an underground dweller if it's real. However, with no idea of scale, that's a moot point for now.

For... for what?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Looks like a partially rotten dog.

OR IS THAT WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK?!?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by rabidguitarist
For... for what?

If it's fake, that is some pretty good shadow work
My God, it's full of stars!