so ill put it in the pit!! xD

can anyone tell me what the average shipping price is from america to the UK?

for shipping guitars and amps especially

thanks in advance, and if im in the wrong place here, please tell me
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You can probably get an actual shipping quote off of a website by putting stuff in the checkout and going through the steps up until you actually have to pay for it.

excellent idea

Quote by cornmancer
Be prepared to pay Import tax after you get it, I wasn't expecting it and got stung with £24 tax on it a month after.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
Be prepared to pay Import tax after you get it, I wasn't expecting it and got stung with £24 tax on it a month after.

Ya that sucks, does anyone know any good guitar websites in Europe, like musiciansfriend perhaps?

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Edit.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
thanks for the warning, but im sure its worth it. the guitar id get from america (the syn standard) is the same price but in pounds as it is in dollars, which is just a total rip off.....

I also hate that, I want to buy a schecter omen 7 and it costs 250 dollars in America and 250 euros in Europe.

What the ****
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by dancesisidance

thanks for the warning, but im sure its worth it. the guitar id get from america (the syn standard) is the same price but in pounds as it is in dollars, which is just a total rip off.....

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Ya that sucks, does anyone know any good guitar websites in Europe, like musiciansfriend perhaps?

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

lol its fine, but www.thomann.de is quite good i think

PS : YAWN at les paul's post....

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child
lol its fine, but www.thomann.de is quite good i think

thomann ftw!
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by nikhil101
thomann ftw!

hell yer!!!!

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by nikhil101
thomann ftw!

The site looks good, it has all the guitars the other sites have BUT....

The omen that costs 300 dollars on zzsounds costs 348 euros on thomann
Quote by Portuguese_boy
The site looks good, it has all the guitars the other sites have BUT....

The omen that costs 300 dollars on zzsounds costs 348 euros on thomann

However, buying a guitar from America and then getting it shipped to the UK may void any warranty involved.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
However, buying a guitar from America and then getting it shipped to the UK may void any warranty involved.

Plus if you don't like it you can't really return it. I bought a guitar from thomann and I didnt really like the sound of it through my set up. So i phoned them and they got DHL to come pick it up from my house free of charge and return it. Within 4 days of returning it I had got my money back and I then purchased another guitar which worked very well with my setup. Both guitars came within 3 days
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by nikhil101
Plus if you don't like it you can't really return it. I bought a guitar from thomann and I didnt really like the sound of it through my set up. So i phoned them and they got DHL to come pick it up from my house free of charge and return it. Within 4 days of returning it I had got my money back and I then purchased another guitar which worked very well with my setup. Both guitars came within 3 days

niiice. its free delivery from thomann right? cos i just found the schecter diamond S-1 elite and fell in love with it. xD

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child
niiice. its free delivery from thomann right? cos i just found the schecter diamond S-1 elite and fell in love with it. xD

Over a certain price it is, but it's safe to say the Schecter is over that. Although I honestly think that one should always try before they buy. Just my opinion, of course.
dude that's gonna be a lot of money. just from NM (New Mexico, yes we're part of the country) and NY it cost me $87 to ship my guitar and amp that I sold off ebay. I made like $60 when I was hoping for $120
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Over a certain price it is, but it's safe to say the Schecter is over that. Although I honestly think that one should always try before they buy. Just my opinion, of course.

I agree. I'd actually already tried the 2nd guitar that i wanted to get and I was going to buy it from thomann, then i saw this esp ltd on the website that i had not tried and i decided to get it on impulse which was a bad choice lol. But yeah try before you buy.
Quote by thegreensquall
only problem is i cant find schecters anywhere in the UK ><

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child

Do you live in or near London? If so go to Tottenham Court Road station by train then go to Denmark Street. There are loads of guitar shops there and there is a guitar shop there that has like very single schecter you could want to try. Its called souncontrol and its actually inside the Virgin Megastore there on the bottom floor. They have everything from cheap squires to PRS Custom 24's, a very good shop and you can try most of the things out.
Quote by thegreensquall
Quote by Hoodoo Child

Amen to that friend. It's also ****e that so many UGers put them up in the classifieds for a ridiculously good price and they are ALL in the US.

*wanker hand movement*
Quote by saphrax
Amen to that friend. It's also ****e that so many UGers put them up in the classifieds for a ridiculously good price and they are ALL in the US.

*wanker hand movement*

Read my post above lol, dont know about leeds but you can find them in London.
Quote by thegreensquall
Last edited by nikhil101 at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by Hoodoo Child

In Portugal the guitar shop owners have never even heard of Schecters, what a bunch of noobs.
I'm also a lefty and there aren't any lefty Schecters omen 7, so i have to re-string it.
Quote by nikhil101
Do you live in or near London? If so go to Tottenham Court Road station by train then go to Denmark Street. There are loads of guitar shops there and there is a guitar shop there that has like very single schecter you could want to try. Its called souncontrol and its actually inside the Virgin Megastore there on the bottom floor. They have everything from cheap squires to PRS Custom 24's, a very good shop and you can try most of the things out.

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU. IM GOING TO LONDON IN LIKE A WEEK.

xD!!!!!!

EDIT: is that the virgin megastores on oxford street or is there one on denmark street as well? and is it sounDcontrol ?

Quote by cornmancer
Last edited by Hoodoo Child at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by Hoodoo Child
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU. IM GOING TO LONDON IN LIKE A WEEK.

xD!!!!!!

EDIT: is that the virgin megastores on oxford street or is there one on denmark street as well? and is it sounDcontrol ?

Yeah but only the one on Denmark Street. The one on Oxford Street has just cds and stuff like a normal virgin megastore, the one on Denmark Street has soundcontrol on the bottom floor! Its pretty big too. Denmark street in general has loads of music and guitar stores but the soundcontrol in virgin megastores has the biggest range of guitars.

edit: oh yeah i did spell soundcontrol without the d in the other post. I was wondering why you randomly had the d in caps lol
Quote by thegreensquall
Last edited by nikhil101 at Jul 31, 2008,
lol xD just checking the d hahaha

thanks, ill be sure to check it out

Quote by cornmancer