Page 1 of 2
If so does any of you get on the "Madoran" server. I am trying the trial version by the way & I am considering buying the game. I probably will seeing as it is very addicting... If anyone can help me then I'd really appreciate it.
I really don't find the game addicting. I have it and I play maybe 1-3 times a week from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
No one's gonna help you if you made a thread about WoW, believe me.

Go to the gaming thread.
LARGE TEXT
www.wowhead.com

Enter the quest name into the search bar and hey presto.

Also, www.google.com.

Enter "How to do [insert quest name] in World of Warcraft"

Not the best idea to ask here, especially as the majority of posters in WoW threads bash the game to no ends, wasting everyone's time
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by GHOST_OF_WAR
they actually have a gaming thread in here?

Yeah, check the sticky above, I think theres a link.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by GHOST_OF_WAR
i honestly didnt think a place like this had one.
It's always recommended to read the stickies... particularly when you're making a thread, and there's a sticky with huge capital writing saying "FORBIDDEN THREADS! READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD!"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891308

gaming thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899123
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Johnny_truant
lol best thing u can do man is stop playing WoW it ruins peoples lives =/ i know from experiance

Ehh i still play it.. I'm not THAT addicted. I just know it's a good way to kill time. I mostly play guitar or listen to music. (gameplay this week total 5 hours)
Quote by GHOST_OF_WAR
i honestly didnt think a place like this had one.

i honestly didnt think people would put trash like world of warcraft on a guitar site...hmm...
I used to play it, I got a guy all the way to 60, right when I did they came out with expansion to where you have to get to 70.. I was like screw it, and tossed it in the trash. lol
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by IEatOrphans
I really don't find the game addicting. I have it and I play maybe 1-3 times a week from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

Then you are definatly not made for MMORPGs if you can withstand the quest/item/exp spiral.
Really man just quit now. I know people who have gotten divorced over this game and I was almost one of them. I used to play atleast 40 to 50 hours a week. Sometimes more. I sat there with a bottle of jack daniels a coke and my computer for 18 hours straight playing one day only to get up and eat or pee nothing else. Most weekends thats all I did. Finally after 5 months I just made myself delete the game from my computer and threw away the disk. I feel much better about life now.
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
dude...all that stuff they're saying about quiting and ****, don't listen to them, i play a lot on the holidays, and during school I played almost everyday, i still have the time to play the guitar, hang out with friends, do school stuff, and i finished 9th grade with some nice grades, so all that stuff about divorcing and ****...don't listen to them, but, however, if u can't handle it, delete it
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
At one point in my life i had to decide weather or not i should play WOW. In the end i decided that, since a certain part of my physical frame wanted to study the inside of a female eqivalent of my species... fast, i should concentrate on offline social life.

Apparently i got off here so i'm not quiet sure if i did the right decision
Quote by IEatOrphans

+1

Played it for one month and had complete control over it

Diablo 2 on the other hand. I don't need no drugs when that game's around.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Aug 21, 2008,
Wait, you want to play WoW because it's addicting? That's like saying you want to start doing heroin because it's addicting. Just don't, be glad it doesn't work.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Same. When Diablo 3 comes out, my contact with the outside world will probably vanish.

Outside world? Which act?
It is totally possible to play WoW and have a social life at the same time. My brother is in Tier 6 gear (players will know what I mean), but he has a girlfriend and spends a lot of time hanging out with friends. WoW gets dangerous when the person has a problem already. The game only gets addicting in a very bad way when it becomes a mean of escaping reality because of a poor social life. It's not because of the game itself, it's because of the life people live in the first place. People that play 10 hours a day only got their social and psychological problems revealed by the game, not started by it, and in such a case it is indeed necessary to stop playing completely.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Act VI. It's probably going to be added in a new patch later this year.

Sounds great.
Quote by Astyan
It is totally possible to play WoW and have a social life at the same time. My brother is in Tier 6 gear (players will know what I mean), but he has a girlfriend and spends a lot of time hanging out with friends. WoW gets dangerous when the person has a problem already. The game only gets addicting in a very bad way when it becomes a mean of escaping reality because of a poor social life. It's not because of the game itself, it's because of the life people live in the first place. People that play 10 hours a day only got their social and psychological problems revealed by the game, not started by it, and in such a case it is indeed necessary to stop playing completely.

But the game itself is rewarding those who spend a lot of time. And if you spend a lot of time you will get the better items and therefore be able to upgrade your items even more by doing stupid raids etc. So to really get insane items you need to more or less end your current social life and devote every single minute to that piece of ****.

I'm glad I did not.

When I hit lvl 40 or whenever the mount came it started to really suck.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
But the game itself is rewarding those who spend a lot of time. And if you spend a lot of time you will get the better items and therefore be able to upgrade your items even more by doing stupid raids etc. So to really get insane items you need to more or less end your current social life and devote every single minute to that piece of ****.

I'm glad I did not.

When I hit lvl 40 or whenever the mount came it started to really suck.

Well, once again my brother is in T6 and it's the best gear available with Sunwell gear. Still, it takes him like 6 hours of raiding a week. He has a girlfriend and many friends.

You can play this game casually, have fun and be well geared. But when you need to escape from an unrewarding social life, then it starts to get bad. People start to socialize in the game only, to waste time farming money or consumables, to raid cities or just to f*ck around in Shattrath City, doing nothing but staying online still. That's the kind of addiction I'm talking about.

As an MMORPG, it does ask players to invest time in order to be rewarded (Blizzard have made the game vastly easier since the old days, though). But you don't need to spend your life on it to be good, unless the problem lies somewhere else and you start basing your life around it.
all mmos are addicting. I just broke my chronic runescape addiction last year, which is why I dare not take the trial version of WOW.
Quote by Ragin87
<---- 70 S3 Lock /flex

<nerdlol>
Get S4 shoulders and I'll be impressed... I pray that you're not using Merc Shoulders.
</nerdlol>

But yeah I play quite a bit. It's fun though and I enjoy it.

EDIT
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
So to really get insane items you need to more or less end your current social life and devote every single minute to that piece of ****.

Extremely false.
Last edited by deadbolt39 at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Outside world? Which act?

I played D2 back when it was popular and got too hooked and then just randomly quit.

I also played WoW for 2 years. Honestly, the best advice I can give is do not start playing it. I quit it 2.5 months ago and haven't looked back.
Page 1 of 2