I've got an old Boss MT-2, and I don't want to sell it, but I'm not using it either. What mods can I do myself? I don't care about what the resulting sound will be, I just want to try and do something with it.
put it in your guitar as a pre amp
Rig:
'91 Eric Clapton strat w/ MT-2 preamp and piezo bridge system

Lotus '62 Strat replica
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Pearly Gates Pups
Epiphone Sheraton STOCK
Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

Epiphone EJ-200CE

Traynor YCV40T
Traynor HEAD
^ I don't have that much space, and I don't really like its tone, that's why I want to do something with it, preferably weird.
You could just randomly swap different components in and out. You never know, might be interesting.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Oh, btw, can I fry my amps input if I try circuit bending while the pedal is plugged into the amp?
Quote by Invader Jim
WTF...did I start the Circuit Bending fad again?

I don't know But can somebody tell me is there a possibility I might fry my amps input jack?
Quote by -MintSauce-
+1 to Invader Jim style circuit bending.

+0.5 to throwing it out of a very high window.

Yup, circuit bending worked out fine, I'll now have to buy some wire, a soldering iron and some on/off switches.
Btw, when I took the PCB out of the enclosure, and connected the guitar to the MT-2, the guitar was extremely quiet, and the pedal gave horrible feedback, even when the volume on the guitar was turned to 0. What could be the reason?
Quote by Goldenglove
Yup, circuit bending worked out fine, I'll now have to buy some wire, a soldering iron and some on/off switches.
Btw, when I took the PCB out of the enclosure, and connected the guitar to the MT-2, the guitar was extremely quiet, and the pedal gave horrible feedback, even when the volume on the guitar was turned to 0. What could be the reason?

The enclosure is the grounding point for EVERYTHING in the pedal, and connects the grounds for the two jacks. Without that -> noise.

Ground everything to a pot housing, including the two jack negatives.
Quote by -MintSauce-
The enclosure is the grounding point for EVERYTHING in the pedal, and connects the grounds for the two jacks. Without that -> noise.

Ground everything to a pot housing, including the two jack negatives.

And what is a pot housing? I'm sorry, but I don't know **** about electronics and stuff
Quote by Goldenglove
And what is a pot housing? I'm sorry, but I don't know **** about electronics and stuff

Just the case of the pot... the round bit on the back.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Just the case of the pot... the round bit on the back.

So, basically, any pot will do?
It's starting to sound really cool, btw
Quote by Strat_Monkey
You could just randomly swap different components in and out. You never know, might be interesting.

Huh, so that's called circuit bending? Damn, I hate when other people have already had ideas by the time I have them!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.