Ok there is a 1986 Gibson Les Paul, i believe teh standard model, all black, with a factory installed (im pretty sure) Kahler trem, i also tried it out and it seems to have been re-fretted, the price is what gets me though $675US, so has any1 else seen something like this go for less, or should i pick this up, cause its alot of money for me, and if i can wait alittle and get 1 cheaper i will

Thanx in advance
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by IbanezxXx
Ok there is a 1986 Gibson Les Paul, i believe teh standard model, all black, with a factory installed (im pretty sure) Kahler trem, i also tried it out and it seems to have been re-fretted, the price is what gets me though $675US, so has any1 else seen something like this go for less, or should i pick this up, cause its alot of money for me, and if i can wait alittle and get 1 cheaper i will

Thanx in advance

i'm not sure bc i'm no expert but that sound like a nice deal as long as you like the way it plays
Quote by WishIHadAGibson
You know youre a guitar player when you try to match the pitch of your guitar with a vacuum cleaner...

...mine's a Bb by the way...

OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #1
Hmm, that seems like quite the guitar. Have you checked it over completely? For that price, I'd snag it, but... that's quite a low price... can you get/do you have pictures?
If you like it, go for it. Just bare in mind that it won't sound like a standard Les Paul because of the massive chunk of wood missing because of the Kahler.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
well the feel is great and the tone is nice, i mean i play alot of super strats, its a nice change, but that price is like a kick in the balls, i we pick it up in a heartbeat at 400, but this idk
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
and no sorry i dont have a camera and i cant find pics of one like it online, but if i buy it ill find a way to take pictures and post them here
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
you wont find many les pauls with a tremola...(because there arched top guitars)....sounds like someone may have installed it themselves or had it done...i did see a pic of a les paul prototype that had a floyd rose on it,..not sure it was ever mass produced thou....

i know that khaler sells a surface mount tremolo...maybe this is what it has?

i would play it..if it sounds good buy it!!

if not..give me the dudes number and i will buy it for that price!
well yea im 99% sure its factory cause it says gibson on the kahler trem, they made them in the 80s and thats what this one is, and it plays great, but i never got a play it through an amp
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Gibson did use Kahlers back then. I would try to get him down to $600, just for grins.
haha i like the way u think, by the why i love 80s guitar thats another thing bout it that draws me in, i also have a charvel model 5 all black i think its 86 wit a kahler trem, how much you think it goes for?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX