my parents are planning on buying me a 1962 ri strat bc it was my favorite one in the store for my birthday. i have an american deluxe strat now which i sitll adore, i like the 62 much better. i was thinking since deluxe guitar is extremely versatile i was thinking of keeping it as a backup instead of trading it. is there anything wrong with having 2 strats?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Nope. I'd say mod the old one though, to get the most out of the two of them
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
thats what i was thinking on doing. ive been saving up for a jaguar so im gonn ahave 3 guitars now . maybe trade the old one for a tele

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

absolutely nothing wrong with having two strats. Hell, I've seen a whole wall of ibanez RG's before!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
yep have 2 guitars, strats just rock
i would love to have 2 p basses
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I don't think the American Deluxe is a super strat, but if you do get the '62, you might want to look at putting a humbucker in the bridge of the American, hell, maybe even redo all the pickups, put in a few higher output duncs or something.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
You can't have too many guitars. Plus modding older ones is just so much fun.