Hey,

Okay this is the deal.

My friend has an Ibanez BTB-205 bass and I have an Epiphone Zakk Wylde. We are thinking about swapping but Im not sure.

The bass is in near perfect condition and comes with a cheap 10 or 15 watt practice amp, and my Epiphone is in perfect condition apart from a bit of rusting on the tuners and bridge.

He also has a Behringer 30 watt practice amp and Im pretty sure I could get him to swap that amp for the cheap 10 or 15 watt one he is offering with the Ibanez.

I have two other guitars, a Gibson Studio with Duncans and a Dean Razorback V, so it's not like I really need the Epiphone.

Basically I just want to know if it is a good deal swapping the Epiphone for the Ibanez Bass and either the Behringer or the cheap 10 or 15 watt amp.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
you'd be getting ripped off imo.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
not really how much did you pay for the Epi? sell it on eBay or UG, then buy a bass.
forgot to say, with that bass, there is little or no difference between that and a Tanglewood starter pack guitar.
Quote by cleft11
not really how much did you pay for the Epi? sell it on eBay or UG, then buy a bass.

I think I paid £560 for the guitar and then I paid another £70 for a case. I did have the guitar on Ebay but other people seemed to be selling theres around the £250 mark and I thought it was simply not worth selling at that price. I bought the guitar almost 2 years ago now.

Is £250 with a case really how much this guitar is worth second hand? If not could someone please tell me how much they think i could get for it selling privately or part exchanging it at a shop.

Thanks.
Quote by sashki

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Dude... you could get a better bass for a Wylde Les.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

thats not a good deal. the prices differ a LOT. you can get a better bass
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
sell ur zakk on like craiglist if there's one were ever u are
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Don't trade for the Beringer, Beringer Amps are NOTORIOUS for being very, very bad. I think there's a section on it in the bass forum FAQ about them.

And I wouldn't trade it anyway. I think the Epi Zakk Wylde is cool!
Saint Louis Blues
Okay thanks guys, Im not gonna swap.
Quote by sashki

Quote by gibo6666
I think I paid £560 for the guitar and then I paid another £70 for a case.

I still can not believe people are willing to pay that much for a guitar that logically would be worth half of it.
I think people are bidding £250 max because thats about the price it should cost. Im sorry dude, but i think you will have to keep it, or try to sell it for 350 and be VERY patient until a fanboy comes by and pays 350.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl