hi there i went to GC yesterday to try out new guitars and i liked the epiphone les paul custom. then i came across the new american standard telecaster, and it had the best clean sound ive ever heard. and the neck was smooth as hell. i mainly play buckethead and silverstein type music, will the telecaster be good for that type of music? or will the epiphone be better. btw i only tried only the clean, because all the cables to the good amps couldn't produce any sound. plz tell me what you think about these guitars. thanks afifan.
buckethead plays Les Pauls, so the Epiphone will probably be closer to his sound
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Get the telecaster.

A better guitar, if you want a bigger sound, stick humbuckers in it. A guitar's tone can be changed easily, but its quality of build, cannot.
I say the LP, my neighbor has a Epi LP custom and it plays and sounds like a dream, kinda hard to tell the difference between a gibson standard and that epi custom.
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
I say the LP, my neighbor has a Epi LP custom and it plays and sounds like a dream, kinda hard to tell the difference between a gibson standard and that epi custom.

Maybe for THAT epi custom but in general, that isn't true. Epiphones are really inconsistent in terms of quality. The only Epiphone that is consistently good, is the elitist line. Those are impressive guitars for a very good price.
Quote by al112987
Maybe for THAT epi custom but in general, that isn't true. Epiphones are really inconsistent in terms of quality. The only Epiphone that is consistently good, is the elitist line. Those are impressive guitars for a very good price.

Yeah you're right, i forgot that there isn't really a good quality control on Epi brand guitars, even on the customs. But if you can be the quality control yourself you might find a nice treasure.