Can anyone kindly link a video of showing how to play a X note. thanks for help!
LOL
X note? I think that means its just a muted string if you are reading tabs.
Yah all you to is mute the string with your left hand and pick it with your right hand (assuming you play right handed guitar) making a percussive noise.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
A muted string is just playing a string or a beat without actually fretting any particular notes, much like palm muting with the other hand.
Quote by SiKh22
how to mute X? with left hands?

Right, what you do is hold your fingers on the strings but do not press down. It'll be all percussive and stuff like that.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yes, use your left hand to dampen the string, making it not possible to vibrate.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
just put one of your left-hand fingers on the string, but don't press it down hard enough to where it's touching the fret board. just lightly touch it, and then pick the string with your right-hand.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
cause the part I'm trying to play is Electric eye, two X X notes then a power chord 9-7-7
LOL
It depends. If it looks like this...

x

Then you have to mute that middle string with your fretting hand. Otherwise it depends on preference whther or not you mute with right or left.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

||-------------------|
||o------------------
||--(9)------9-------|
||--(9)------9-------|
||o-(7)------7-------|
||-------0-0---0-0-0-
looks like that but the 0 notes, replace that with the X notes.
LOL