So I'm going to college next month, and I plan on bringing one of my guitars. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to keep it safe or locked up when i'm not in the room? I've heard there are a couple foot lockers big enough but i'm in a forced triple and it might be a tight fit. Any other suggestions or at least the names of a few good lockers? Thanks.
Will your room have a closet? Maybe you can rig a lock on it if it does have one. Maybe just a bike lock you can attach to your bed or something and the handle of your geetar case
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Hardcase with a keylock & a chain for the handle part of it with a pad-lock too it.

Maybes one of those saftey systems to keep tv's in a room that need combo locks too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
^ Right, youd need a case that locks for my second suggestion.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Dude, just chain it to alot of heavy things.
No one will want to carry a bed and a couch out with your instrument.
So your saying wrap the lock around the case and then onto something? Because if i just lock the handle to something obviously you can just open the case.
keep it in your closet (if you have one) and lock the closet.

if not just be sure to let your roommates know (as politely as possible) that if anything were to happen to your guitar that you will chain them into their beds and set fire to them.
a locking case. and the case goes under and gets chain locked to the bed frame.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
skb makes a nice case.

maybe you can bolt a couple of metal loops to the case to make it easy to chain to the frame.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Buy a cheap guitar. Having nice stuff in a dorm room is setting yourself up for inevitable disaster. If it doesn't get stolen, one of the 200 people on your floor will pick it up to play it and smash the headstock on everything in sight faster than you can smack him and take it back. People will lean on it, drop it, kick it and drop stuff on it.