Page 1 of 6
Passenger Garnet Caton, who was sitting in the seat in front of the victim, told CBC News in gruesome detail how he saw the attacker stab his seatmate, a young man sleeping with his headphones on.

Caton said he heard a "blood-curdling scream" and turned around to see the attacker holding a large "Rambo" hunting knife above the victim, "continually stabbing him in the chest area."

"He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.

As panicked passengers fled the bus, "the attacker was over top of the victim … continually cutting him. I think the victim was gone at that point," Caton said.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/07/31/greyhound-transcanada.html

reading things like this make me weary of going on the bus. random acts of insane violence definitely worry me. has anyone heard about this story? my brother heard that the teen was black, and this could be a possible hate crime. opinions?

edit: another point....37 passengers and no one tried to attack the stabber. in situations like this do you think it'd be best to get off the bus or try to help the single victim?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Last edited by cheeseman3001 at Jul 31, 2008,
My mom told me about this while I was eating breakfast. Not cool..
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Nobody bothered to try to help the fucking kid and subdue the attacker?
There goes more points from my Faithinhumanity-O-Meter.
You meet the weirdest ****ers on buses... I ****ing hate traveling by bus.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Retro Rocker

They all thought they were better put to use counting the amount of times the guy got stabbed. I know after one I would have risked my life for the kid being stabbed but if you sit there after 10 stabs and don't do anything, you should probably get stabbed next. It's ****ing ridiculous as humans we are so pathetic.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Retro Rocker

Let's see what you do when you have to attack a psychopath stabbing someone with a huge knife. You'll be a lot less brave than you are in front of your computer.
Quote by nebiru
You meet the weirdest ****ers on buses... I ****ing hate traveling by bus.

It's not buses, it's just that certain people are sick motherfuckers. I travel by bus and subway all the time, and I rarely see any violence escalate.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Retro Rocker

Yea that's exactly what I thought...

..apparently it was at night and mostly everyone was sleeping.. but still =\
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
It's not buses, it's just that certain people are sick motherfuckers. I travel by bus and subway all the time, and I rarely see any violence escalate.

I have traveled all around the US on bus and I have met some weird people each time. Crazy crackheads and scary looking ex-con types and loony alcoholics and bums and ****. I saw a hooker give a guy a blowjob that just got out of prison right there in front of everyone once.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Freddedonna
Let's see what you do when you have to attack a psychopath stabbing someone with a huge knife. You'll be a lot less brave than you are in front of your computer.

You're a disgrace and it's people like you that sit around filming the situation with your cell phone cam to scared to do anything. It's a bus full of people against one guy, you make a plan and rush the dumb **** till the knife is in his chest.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I only read the bit that you quoted, but being stabbed repeatedly in the chest doesn't seem like decapitation to me.
Quote by cheeseman3001
edit: another point....37 passengers and no one tried to attack the stabber. in situations like this do you think it'd be best to get off the bus or try to help the single victim?

Trust me. I'm saying this from experience, someone who has sat back and watched assault and someone who has intervened with good and bad outcomes.

Do not judge ANYONE for not acting on a violent crime until you've seen one. Trust me. The experience is a lot different than anything you could imagine.
Quote by Roots_radical
I only read the bit that you quoted, but being stabbed repeatedly in the chest doesn't seem like decapitation to me.

so read the article, lazy bum

Quote by GnR_ROK
Quote by Craigo
Trust me. I'm saying this from experience, someone who has sat back and watched assault and someone who has intervened with good and bad outcomes.

Do not judge ANYONE for not acting on a violent crime until you've seen one. Trust me. The experience is a lot different than anything you could imagine.

I've acted on a violent crime.

I am in a different state of mind to most but all it takes is a few seconds of courage and the attacker flees.

And not to mention that after one person acts a hero, everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
Quote by gallagher2006
Horrible. Crap like this is becoming a common sight in Britain, unforunetely.

Violent crime from 1995/1996 has decreased by 49%.

You were saying?

Real statistics > your scattered knowledge.
Quote by Craigo

oh i agree, in that situation i don't know if i'd even be able to move, i'd be in so much shock. there are some people who could make a decision to do something about it, but i'm sure that breed is rare

Quote by GnR_ROK
Quote by legiondairy
I've acted on a violent crime.

I am in a different state of mind to most but all it takes is a few seconds of courage and the attacker flees.

And not to mention that after one person acts a hero, everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

I've jumped in and had myself kicked in by four people whilst ten others watched. I do not blame any of them.

I'm definitely got more spirit to jump in, but sometimes you just can't for some reason or another. Trust me, you won't want to jump in on every occasion.
Quote by Freddedonna

It is ridiculous that no one attempted to help.

When that Canton guy turned around, why didn't he do something. I doubt I would sit there watching someone getting stabbed all over their body.. then just run. Well, not if I wasn't alone anyways..
Quote by cheeseman3001
oh i agree, in that situation i don't know if i'd even be able to move, i'd be in so much shock. there are some people who could make a decision to do something about it, but i'm sure that breed is rare

I'd want to. I really would, but I'd be scared shitless. I wouldn't do a thing in that scenario, and anyone who says they would, I'm gonna call them a liar unless they have got experience to back up their claim.

I know, it's horrible... But, sometimes doing nothing is also actually for the best, as wrong, horrid and cold as that sounds.
Quote by Craigo
I've jumped in and had myself kicked in by four people whilst ten others watched. I do not blame any of them.

I'm definitely got more spirit to jump in, but sometimes you just can't for some reason or another. Trust me, you won't want to jump in on every occasion.

I like playing the hero

In fact, i am quicker to defend someone else than to defend myself.

I took 5 punches to the face without fighting back once, but a couple weeks later i saw a guy get hit just once and i stepped in without hesitation, got my ass kicked but that guy got away.
A six-year-old and other children were among the passengers who saw the horrific incident unfold, said Caton.

Poor kids.
Quote by DeSean
It is ridiculous that no one attempted to help.

When that Canton guy turned around, why didn't he do something. I doubt I would sit there watching someone getting stabbed all over their body.. then just run. Well, not if I wasn't alone anyways..

I condemn you wrong.

You probably wouldn't. If you think you would, tell me a scenario you have gone inbetween a man with a viciously dangerous weapon.

Trust me, it's a lot different than you think. You can't just intervene. You need to experience it to know why.

I'm ranting about this not to execute my authority, but just because I'm sick of hearing people criticising in a scenario they have never been in.
Quote by Roots_radical

Then read the rest of the article...

Thats pretty sick. Im not really suprised noone tried to help the guy. I mean the guy was probably good as dead within the first couple stabs so it probably would have been impossible to help him.
Quote by nebiru
I have traveled all around the US on bus and I have met some weird people each time. Crazy crackheads and scary looking ex-con types and loony alcoholics and bums and ****. I saw a hooker give a guy a blowjob that just got out of prison right there in front of everyone once.

I meant more in terms of violence. There are weirdos around, perhaps more so than there are in other places as buses are public transportation; but I've only rarely seen violent conflicts occur on buses.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
This sucks...
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Well from what I understand ti wouldn't have done much for the guy getting stabbed even if they had jumped in he had already been stabbed a few times so he may as well have been dead with a stab in the chest. No point in risking your own life to save someone who is already too far gone.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by legiondairy
I like playing the hero

In fact, i am quicker to defend someone else than to defend myself.

I took 5 punches to the face without fighting back once, but a couple weeks later i saw a guy get hit just once and i stepped in without hesitation, got my ass kicked but that guy got away.

I jump in when I can, I know when I should and when I shouldn't. You DO have to be careful.

But yeah, good on you though