so i am looking at one of these for 450!

i have a valveking head now, and i was actually really impressed with the recorded tone it gave me last night. i definitely want to hang on to this.

but seriously how much of a step up is that for cheaper than the VK. It is perfect for my style and gah i want it now but i have to wait until my next paycheck and hopefully its still available

any praise/horror stories about these heads?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Somewhat cheap switches and such...but tonally, they do Marshall tone better than the RI Marshalls. It is a very simple amp though. One channel design. Have you played it?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
nope, its not like i can just go to a guitar shop and play one.

obviously i will test it out before i make a decision but from what i've been reading it would fit my style perfect, and if its a jcm800 clone how bad could it be?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
AFAIK, the high inputs are similiar to a JCM800, with the low inputs being similiar to a Bassman/JTM45.

And as mentioned before, plastic switches and jacks, if you get it get them replaced asap.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
bump anyone else have an opinion
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by igotabcrich32
AFAIK, the high inputs are similiar to a JCM800, with the low inputs being similiar to a Bassman/JTM45.

And as mentioned before, plastic switches and jacks, if you get it get them replaced asap.
Nothing wrong with plastic switches and jacks at all. In fact 99% of amp jacks at least are going to be plastic as are the switches gonna be...

Buy it.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
um yea unless you flip switches like they owe you money you should be fine. but at the same time, remember that they ARE plastic and be a tad cautious, get the most life out of your stuff as you can. that's coming from a raised-and-living-poor guy.

i hope it sounds as great as you imply. how many watts is it? i'm gonna look this amp up and see what kinda features it has.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by MrCarrot
Nothing wrong with plastic switches and jacks at all. In fact 99% of amp jacks at least are going to be plastic as are the switches gonna be...

Buy it.

well i should have said it as 'cheap plastic switches/jacks' these are known for the jacks and switches being shit.

However, i would but it, these do go pretty cheap (the 30 and 50 watters i see are normally aroudn the price your looking at)

and Slash, its a 100 watts.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^yea i shoulda guessed by the model name lmao. soundclips on youtube were great, this'd definitely be a great raw rock n roller amp. A/B it with a fender for sure!!!

but yea, switch out switches for metal ones if you're worried, jacks shouldn't be a prob being plastic, unless you put ur cables in/out at an angle....which i hope you're not in that much of a hurry that you can't take ur cable out the right way lol.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out