I just got a Crate VTX212B. I know Crate gets bashed, but reading all the reviews from people who actually owned it online and now playing it for a while, I think for the money, this is a great amp.

Just figured I'd start a thread for people who owned one. What settings have gotten you some good sounds? There's so much in the DSP banks that it'll take me a year to find all the good nooks and crannies in there.

Nice djembe there, my aunt got me one last time she visited from Africa. They're so expensive here, but in my dad's country, they're dirt cheap.
    Quote by Sound Mind
    Nice djembe there, my aunt got me one last time she visited from Africa. They're so expensive here, but in my dad's country, they're dirt cheap.

It's probably better than the one I have too. Mine's a Remo 12". Inexpensive by American standards. (I think I paid $110 for it in 1995.) Good drum, but I've played some real ones (handmade) that are amazing.
      I had the vtx65b a 1x12 65watter and I liked it a lot. I got it really cheap too from a store I used to work at. It's still close by but it's not mine anymore. I loved the clean channel on that amp. For the rhythm channel I liked my eq at something like bass:7, mids:1-4, highs:4 with some tape delay and reverb.
      Quote by TubeAmpGuy
      I had the vtx65b a 1x12 65watter and I liked it a lot. I got it really cheap too from a store I used to work at. It's still close by but it's not mine anymore. I loved the clean channel on that amp. For the rhythm channel I liked my eq at something like bass:7, mids:1-4, highs:4 with some tape delay and reverb.

Yeah, it's weird. Most people I know/knew who use/used Crates played metal/heavy. Most of the artists on the Crate site are metal/heavy. But it's the clean channel I really like on this amp. In fact, I can easily get an awesome clean channel, and I can get a great soloing sound through the "solo" channel. The tricky part is getting a crunchy "rhythm" tone that sounds just as good whether you're playing 3-string chords (2nd,3rd,4th string) on the twelfth fret or six-string full barre chords on the third fret. So far, it's an either or type of thing for me. Still getting used to all the settings.
        Quote by sugapablo
        Yeah, it's weird. Most people I know/knew who use/used Crates played metal/heavy. Most of the artists on the Crate site are metal/heavy. But it's the clean channel I really like on this amp. In fact, I can easily get an awesome clean channel, and I can get a great soloing sound through the "solo" channel. The tricky part is getting a crunchy "rhythm" tone that sounds just as good whether you're playing 3-string chords (2nd,3rd,4th string) on the twelfth fret or six-string full barre chords on the third fret. So far, it's an either or type of thing for me. Still getting used to all the settings.

Yeah on the rhythm channel I never turned the treble up past noon.. Oh, I just remembered.... that channel really likes when your guitar is intonated properly...
        I've had my VTX for a bit more than a year and I love it. For a SS, it's a great amp. On the rhythm channel I usually set the lows and highs at about 1 or 2 o'clock and the mids at about 4 or 5 o'clock. With the gain at about 10 o'clock it gets a wonderful late 80's Bad Religion tone. The clean channel is wonderful too. I can't remember how I have it set though. Great amp overall. Hope you're enjoying yours TS!
        I'm diggin' it a lot. Today I was getting a good Warren Haynes sound in the solo channel playin' Soulshine.
          Effects will take me the next year to get a firm handle on. There's just so much, it's like a bag full of pedals. They do seem to effect the EQ, so I need to be careful, but luckily you can save "presets" and with the footswitch, this should be no problem once I get the hang of it.

I do agree I need to watch the bass on this thing. It gets "rumbly in my tumbly" sometimes.