Everyone seems to have one why? Because it has valve in the name? They sound like scissors cutting through cardboard.
I don't have one.

I think most people do people because they're affordable, versatile tube amps. I don't know how they sound though...
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
also sound GREAT recorded. pretty much the perfect modern tone through a nice cab.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
i owned one for 3 days.............it had a horrible buzz whenever i played a g note or cord. so back it went for a refund. but reading here at ug the buzzing is not a isolated incident with the vk or the classic series. many people are having the same type issue.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
There a good beginner tube amp, can be modded easily, sound decent if you know what your doing, versatile, cheap and easy to come by....

yup
/thread
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I think the answer is that it's a very cheap tube amp but when I tried one it certainly didn't impress me. I just didn't find it a real improvement over a good modeller, or indeed any improvement at all!
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I agree.
They're not that good.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
There a good beginner tube amp, can be modded easily, sound decent if you know what your doing, versatile, cheap and easy to come by....

This man speaks the truth.
But i think they need to have a speaker change to sound descent.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Jul 31, 2008,
you do have to fool with the EQ for a while to get it right. it's great for broke teenagers like me who can upgrade it as I get money.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
The biggest reason is that they are cheap. The second reason is that they can be upgraded.
Quote by JaGi
Everyone seems to have one why? Because it has valve in the name? They sound like scissors cutting through cardboard.

That's a bit harsh.

They sound more like cardboard cutting through scissors.
They're not as good as some people make them seem, and not as bad as others try to make them seem.

They're decent amps for the price you pay, there are better alternatives but there are better alternatives for the price for most Marshalls as well.
Quote by IbanezPsycho

+2
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by IbanezPsycho

+ a bunch more. OK, why is it when I search craiglist Classic 30's AND, YES AND, VK's are $300? Maybe $250? Either way, I liked the amp when I tried it. The parroting "tide" is currently "out" on the VK's but I like the amp and don't own one.
Site frequented by 13-14 year olds with no job + those same kids usually liking modern metal/hard rock + tube amp lovers on this site who are the ones recomending stuff + Valvekings price = A Lot of valveking owners.