I'm saving up for a tube amp to buy when i move to a bigger house. I have a Roland cube street, and i hate the distortion!!!! it doesn't sound like it!!! so i got a ds-1....
Which should i get????/ Any suggestion?
Right now i'm looking at Peavy valveking 112 combo, and Peavy classic 30. Is the classic 30 worth more money? I was looking at marshall mg at first and then it's not tube, and people hate it!!!!which one of these two or any others?
What's your budget? What styles of music do you play? How much power do you need?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
You bought a DS-1 and liked that distortion?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
the classic 30 is by far the better option. also, you really don't need 50 watts, 30 is just fine. are you going to be gigging or is this just a home amp?
I liked the distortion of ds-1 better than the amp. It will be a home amp, and i'm only 13. My budget is probably gonna be around 300~500
Quote by LP51122
What's your budget? What styles of music do you play? How much power do you need?

I play many types of music, except those stuff like, metal, heavy metal, emo, etc. i play christian, blues(not really), and mostly classic rock and i like ACDC, Nirvana, Guns and roses, greenday, and more.
Classic 30 i'd say
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
well i thought about it and classic(575) is more expensive than my g-400!(450) should i buy a valve king(cheaper)? i want a tube amp, so no marshall mg
If you have the money, the C-30 is a little better all around. on the subject of it being more expensive than your G-400: $100 guitar and $1000 amp > $1000 guitar and $100 amp
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by hatooku
I play many types of music, except those stuff like, metal, heavy metal, emo, etc. i play christian, blues(not really), and mostly classic rock and i like ACDC, Nirvana, Guns and roses, greenday, and more.

i'd have thought the classic 30 would be much better than the valveking for those styles. EDIT: your guitar being cheaper than your amp is no problem at all. in fact, it's generally better to have a more expensive amp than guitar, than vice versa.

as already suggested, you could possibly consider a pickup swap, once you have the new amp (and decide how you want the pickups to sculpt your tone).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd have thought the classic 30 would be much better than the valveking for those styles. EDIT: your guitar being cheaper than your amp is no problem at all. in fact, it's generally better to have a more expensive amp than guitar, than vice versa.

as already suggested, you could possibly consider a pickup swap, once you have the new amp (and decide how you want the pickups to sculpt your tone).

which pickups do you suggest? i have thought about seymour duncan jb's and 59's when i wanted to. However, the warranty will not appeal to my guitar if i do it.
Peavey Classic 30 would do. also look into a Laney VC30.
pickups for a g400, i would say Duncan Custom 5/59 set.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
Peavey Classic 30 would do. also look into a Laney VC30.
pickups for a g400, i would say Duncan Custom 5/59 set.

wouldn't you rather get jb/59??
Quote by hatooku
which pickups do you suggest? i have thought about seymour duncan jb's and 59's when i wanted to. However, the warranty will not appeal to my guitar if i do it.

yeah, if you switch pickups it'll probably void the warranty. it's unlikely you'll ever need the guitar's warranty, but it is worth bearing in mind. perhaps you could wait until the guitar's out of warranty? (though i have no idea how long that is or if it's feasible to wait)

the jb is very hot, and very trebly... it really depends on the tone you're after. I've also heard (on the bareknuckle pickup forum) that you want to avoid mid-output pickups in sg, as they can get a bit muddy sounding (but i have no personal experience with switching pickups in sgs, so can't corroborate this myself).

the '59 should be cool, it sounds nice and is pretty versatile. if you don't get all that heavy, the bridge version of the '59 might be cool (for the bridge position), or maybe a pearly gates. i'd have thought for the stuff you play you'd probably want to stick to lower output pickups to be honest...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?