Kramer FR-424 SM?

What do you think for a second guitar? With a roland cube 60? Any other suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I need that 70s /80s sound. Guns and Roses, Def Leppard ACDC, KISS, Van HALEN, Scorpions, Warrant, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, Police, Poison, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, and Journey are some of my playing interests.

Kurt Cobain killed music.
what's your first guitar?

splawns are meant to be pretty good for hair metal. soldano would be cool too. bogner shiva... load of options, to be honest. depends on your budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok... i'm not familiar with that exact one, but if it's like most other starter packs, it's probably worth upgrading both the guitar and amp.

what budget do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok doke. i'm guessing that's american dollars? assuming it is:

most hair metal is played on a superstrat with bridge humbucker... i'd look into a yamaha pacifica (for $500, you should be able to get a 612, i'd have thought?), or if you need a locking trem, perhaps an ibanez s320/470, or maybe one of those new bc rich gunslinger retros (warning: i haven't tried them, they look good on paper, but as they're so cheap it's possible they suck).

for the amp, i'd maybe consider a peavey windsor (you'd need to somehow get a cheap speaker cabinet though) if you don't use cleans, if you do, maybe a second-hand traynor ycv50?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i really don't think the kramer striker is the best guitar you could get for $500, to be honest.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SaltyFishBreath
any opinions, with a OFR?

An OFR won't fit cause of the longer screws in the back but a Schaller Floyd is a direct swap. The pickups are high output and pretty dark sounding but it might work for you. I changed the pickups on mine as well as the volume pot, took out the tone pot and put in a new pickup selector switch. I like mine but I might sell it cause my Focus 1000 is more then I need and the perfect guitar for me. Its worth purchasing though in my opinion as a second guitar.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst