Well, i was learning the C chord, and i started to play around with it to help me memorise it, and i moved it 1 string up, so the finger on the 3rd fret on the A string would be onthe 3rd fret on the E string and so on, and i was wondering is that still considered a C chord or am i not 'allowed' to move basic chords?
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Yeah, why not? It wouldn't be a C chord anymore mind.
Call me Batman.
Its called a C chord because its root was C. The root of the second chord your described is G so its not the same but yes of course you can expirament thats the whole fun isnt it.
Chords are the certain chords because of the notes in them, not the shapes. With the 3rd fret, A string, that is the note C and the chord was built from there making it a C chord. On the 3rd fret E string that becomes a G chord because that note is G.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
No. You're "allowed" to move basic chords, but they lose their identity. What you ended up with was probably a G chord.
thnkz, dat cleared me up.......
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Quote by J.A.M
Yeah, why not? It wouldn't be a C chord anymore mind.

lol i just wanna no 1 more thing wat dus the J.A.M. stand for?
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl