Poll: METALLICA OR MEGADETH?
Poll Options
View poll results: METALLICA OR MEGADETH?
Metallica
12 35%
Megadeth
17 50%
Both the same
5 15%
Voters: 34.
Metallica or Megadeth? Personally, i think Metallica own but which do you prefer? if there has been a thread like this before, i apologise but i couldnt find one
Look at the megadeth logo. it is obvious it has been taken off the metallica one
Last edited by leony03 at Jul 31, 2008,
well if you take away from all the songs Dave created for Metallica,
and compare Metallica and Megadeth...
Megadeth easily wins.
and if you look at how Metallica sold out
while Megadeth pretty much stayed to their roots.
Megadeth wins.
Megadeth is clearly the best.
Megadeth is so much better than Metallica. Megadeth didn't sell out.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
So if balding people are the devil, your grandpa is satan's right hand man? Apparantly, the older we get, the more kvlt we are.

Founder of the Del tha funky homosapien club. pm me to join
Quote by shadows666
Megadeth is so much better than Metallica. Megadeth didn't sell out.
Yes, they did.
Well Megadeth don't realy sound like Metallica to me, I think Megadeth have a warmer sound and are more consistent overall, whilst Metallica do have some "epic" songs such as Master Of Pupptets.
Also, I wouldn't realy accuse anyone of "Selling out" as they are simply moving in more interesting directions wouldn't it be boring if they just kept doing "ride the lightning"? Same with Megadeth they had the first 3 albums which were more "Pure" thrash and then matured with countdown to extinction and youthanasia, so Metallica and Megadeth have both shared similar musical journeys
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
How about neither?

Megadeth are clearly the better choice.

Metallica are way too boring.

Kirk Hammet is the most generic lead player in history.
you know im amazingly shocked to find that thus thread hasn't been closed yet! i mean wow! versus threads are a big no no and plus you're comparing those two big bands. i mean wow lol
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
I'm suprised the guy from January 2006 doesn't know the metal forum rules yet...
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
well.. after the black album megadeth got better than metallica in my opinion.. but megadeth have never released an album as good as master of the puppets, so i vote metallica
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
megadeth are awful
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by cliffemall123
I'm suprised the guy from January 2006 doesn't know the metal forum rules yet...

i only really go on the pit and even then i hardly ever do that. i just wanted to know who prefers what because loads of people are like 'megadeth are way better than metallica' or 'dave mustaine is copying metallica'. i wanted a decent sample
i like em both but i just prefer megadeth.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Megadeth. But i dont have anything against metallica, im a big fan of kill'em all.