The new upgraded Pacificas are awesome. All great changes/upgrades. However, they dropped one thing from the old model which I miss- the maple fretboard option. I made a petition to bring that option back. I've seen these petitions work for other things, and it's not like it's asking some massively huge, impossible request. Sign it if you agree with me, and spread the word. If you want, put the link in your signatures, too. If we try hard enough, maybe we'll see this great guitar wearing a maple fretboard once more

Click the red text in my signature to be whisked away to the PetitionOnline page for my petition
Shenmue!

+ you have my full support on this one, I love me some maple fretboards!
Maple fretboards are the best thing ever! I wish I had one
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
they should make it a one-piece maple neck...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i signed..9 so far...lol
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Signed.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thanks guys. How can I get this thread stickied?

Anyway, it's still really, really early days yet. We need thousands of signatures before Yamaha will even look at it. We means this petition need YOUR help. Tell your friends, post it on other forums, put it in your signatures, etc. If it's just me doing these things, it'll take like 5 years to get enough signatures. If it's hundreds of us doing these things, we'll get results fast.

If you want it to look the same in your sig, quote me, and then copy&paste the following code into your signature:

>>Petition to bring back the maple fretboard to the Yamaha Pacifica<<

Note: The actual code will show up when you quote. And will look like this:

Last edited by Martin Scott at Aug 1, 2008,
alot of brands compared to years ago have limited maple fretboard option now
Why are maple fretboards less popular, is it because they arent the stereotypical dark or black?
Quote by Jackolas
Why are maple fretboards less popular, is it because they arent the stereotypical dark or black?

I think so, it doesn't really look 'metal', does it? Still my favourite fretboard wood!

Anyways, SIGNED!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't know, either. It's not like metal players don't use maple. Paul Gilbert has a maple fretboard on his Ibanez. Van Halen prefers maple, too. I would say Yngwie Malmsteen too, but I think I've seen him with rosewood fretboards as well as maple ones. Anyway, I've been a busy bee, attempting to bolster this great campaign. I created a Facebook group (CLICK), and did a mock-up of one of the new Pacificas with a maple fretboard. From left to right, before (rosewood) and after (maple) my computer wizardry:

Last edited by Martin Scott at Aug 1, 2008,
signed

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I emailed Total Guitar magazine, asking if they'd back the petition. I sent them that wonderful muck-up I did of a Sonic Blue 112V with a maple fretboard, maybe they'll put it in their magazine! Here's hoping. Fingers crossed, everyone! Don't forget to sign up to the Facebook group, everyone
Quote by Martin Scott
I don't know, either. It's not like metal players don't use maple. Paul Gilbert has a maple fretboard on his Ibanez. Van Halen prefers maple, too. I would say Yngwie Malmsteen too, but I think I've seen him with rosewood fretboards as well as maple ones. Anyway, I've been a busy bee, attempting to bolster this great campaign. I created a Facebook group (CLICK), and did a mock-up of one of the new Pacificas with a maple fretboard. From left to right, before (rosewood) and after (maple) my computer wizardry:

Looks ace with the maple neck!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Signed. Maple FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by Supernaut2k
ive signed, im allways for more options for a good solid starter guitar

Thanks. This isn't just for the 112V though (which I wouldn't class as a 'starter-guitar' as such), it's for the 412V, 612V, and 812V. The 812V is, in my opinion, better than an American Fender.
^ yeah, 812s are really nice.

i thought i read in that "Pimp my pacifica" article recently in guitarist magazine that they were considering maple boards on the 112? could be mistaken, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?