Is there a way to eq a voice so it sounds am radioish?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Well, you can run the vocals through an EQ pedal (or software), I use an MXR 10 Band EQ and in the manual it came with a radio setting...

The other way you can do it is to use a distortion/overdrive/wah pedal (or all three lol) to distort the voice to something similar to a fuzzy radio station. Depending on how you use your settings on these pedals, or what position the wah pedal sits in, you can get a useable effect for your vocals.

Is this for live use or studio? Cause it's easier to make the distortion pedals setup work better there
My Equipment

Parker Hornet (PM-20)
Fender: HotRod Deluxe (40 Watt)
Dunlop: CryBaby Wah-Pedal (GCB-95)
Boss: Phase Shifter (PH-3)
Ibanez: Tube Screamer (TS 808)
MXR 10-Band EQ (M-108)
Dunlop Fuzz Face (JDF2)
SKB Stage Five Pedalboard
Quote by staley7
Well, you can run the vocals through an EQ pedal (or software), I use an MXR 10 Band EQ and in the manual it came with a radio setting...

The other way you can do it is to use a distortion/overdrive/wah pedal (or all three lol) to distort the voice to something similar to a fuzzy radio station. Depending on how you use your settings on these pedals, or what position the wah pedal sits in, you can get a useable effect for your vocals.

Is this for live use or studio? Cause it's easier to make the distortion pedals setup work better there

Studio.

So boosting mids basically? Any certain frequencies I should cut in particular?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
There's a preset in one of my EQs in Sonar, I'll look into what it cut's now
edit:

It's more of a telephone effect but with some distortion it sounds like a radio...

I would not boost the mids, I tend to cut more than boost on compressors and EQ most of the time as it tends to sound better to my ear.

You are in the studio, try some different settings until you get what you like, thats what studio time is all about.

Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 31, 2008,
Try cutting every frequency except a couple middle frequencies.
Since you probably have different parameters than me, you might not have these frequencies exactly, but I'll show you the only ones my EQ preset suggest you don't cut:
500Hz ---> only cut a little bit of this frequency
1KHz ---> boost this one quite a bit
2KHz ---> boost this one just under the 1KHz one
So yeah, make sure you completely cut the other frequencies, should work.
My Equipment

Parker Hornet (PM-20)
Fender: HotRod Deluxe (40 Watt)
Dunlop: CryBaby Wah-Pedal (GCB-95)
Boss: Phase Shifter (PH-3)
Ibanez: Tube Screamer (TS 808)
MXR 10-Band EQ (M-108)
Dunlop Fuzz Face (JDF2)
SKB Stage Five Pedalboard