So for the past month or so, I've been debating how to play notes like this:

e|----------------------------|
B|----------------------------|
G|----------------------------|
D|77777777777-99999-|
A|77777777777-99999-|
D|77777777777-99999-|

Now, the ways I have been debating between were:

1.) Take one finger, and lay it across that fret.
2.)Take three fingers, place one on each fret of the correct string, and leave the 1st-3rd string open.

Now, the reason I have been debating this is because the 1st makes it so I can hear the note better, while the second has the sound of the open strings. Do you know what I mean? lol
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
If you're having trouble muting the other three strings, you can fret the three strings with your middle, ring, and pinky fingers, then lay your index finger across all the strings, muting the open ones.

Just a thought.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Drop D, right? It's meant to be played with one finger, to make it easier to play.

So one finger it is.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You need to have a bad ass picking had to pick at that speed with all downstrokes...at least that's what I think while looking at that tab.
you dont need just downstrokes, stroke down, stop where the other 3 strings are and go back up, not that hard
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Lil Macker
Drop D, right? It's meant to be played with one finger, to make it easier to play.

So one finger it is.

Yeah, Drop D.

And thanks guys!
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
any drop tunings (D or C) are designed to use one finger for the chord, makes for easier and faster transitions

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by RabbidWolf
you dont need just downstrokes, stroke down, stop where the other 3 strings are and go back up, not that hard

...which will produce a completely different sound and feel than if this was played all downstrokes. I might be going out on a limb here, but given the Drop D tuning I'm going to bet that this was intended to be played aggressively with all downstrokes.

EDIT: Typo.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube