My brother and I are guitarists of about 6 and a half years. We're looking for a drummer, a bassist and a vocalist for anything from jazz and blues to punk, indie, and breakcore. There are a few rough samples on my profile and on his(sflorick). Anyone interested just pm me. We're located in the capital district area of NY.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
Hey man, if you're interested, we have an online band that could definately utilize you and your bro very well. I'm a vocalist, and we have a drummer so we've got the hard positions filled =P But I listened to your songs, and it sounds like you'd be a perfect match for us.

P.S- Keep working on that A Bluesy-Sunburst song, there is DEFINATELY a good song in that riff.
Really? How exactly would an online band work? Ive never done that before. Haha nice, so I assume you guys play more bluesy/jazzy kinda stuff? Idk what else to call that lol
Hey thanks man, i thought it was pretty sweet too. Im sure we'll get around to finishing it sometime, we've just got so much damn material.
(\__/)
Well...the way these online bands work is the drummer records his track first, sends it to the bassist, then the bassist to the guitarist(s), then finally to the vocalist (and clearly the vocalist is the most important =P). Haven't really pinned a genre, but I'm more a classic rock/blues guy (Led Zep, Beatles, Hendrix, Who, CCR).

If possible for you to get a whole recording of A Bluesy, I could take a listen to it and possibly write a great song out of it.
Haha oh clearly. Well, doesnt sound to hard, my only concern would be file formats and such, and then mixing it. Nice taste in music, Hendrix is one of my heroes, as is SRV. But yea I believe we could whip something up in a few days, possibly today at some point. That would be sick to make it a whole song. A better title would be nice too haha I just threw that on there cuz you have to give it a title to post it.
(\__/)
Well....I'm actually pretty proficient in mixing and mastering as well, and I've already taken on the duty of doing those tasks =P. I don't have my vocal gear set up yet (getting all new gear tomorrow) but I definately know how to get great sounds out of it =P. Think your bro would be down for all this? I listened to his stuff and it's like yours, but with a different 'flavour'.

EDIT: As far as file formats and stuff, you'd only need to make it an mp3 file, and I could do the rest from there.
Well thats good, Im not to good at mixing anyways. Glad to finally meet someone who knows what their doing. Sweet, new gear is always exciting, enjoy that. My bro will def be down for this, we're always looking for an excuse to make music, not that we need one haha. And Im pretty sure we can do mp3s. My bro has SONAR(which blows big time) and saves in the wav format but I just found a converter today so we should be all set.
(\__/)
What type of recording hardware do you have (as far as pre-amps, mics, compressors, etc.)? I'm just concerned about the 'clipping' of mics that I noticed you and your bro are having problems with in your recordings on your profiles.
HAHA, yea we got a big problem with that crap. Sometimes we use just a little computer mic plugged straight into the computer and use a little sound recording program from download.com. Its simple and quick, and it works for remembering our ideas, cuz we have tonsss of material. But yes it clips a lot. We also have uhh, well off hand i dont know the names of the microphones but im pretty sure theyre vocal mics(we bought them a few years ago when we didnt know any better), theyre listed in my gear. And when we use those mics it goes through an M-Audio box and uses SONAR on the comp. Thats about it for recording. We try to do the best we can but all our recording stuff sucks balls. Any suggestions? besides maybe getting an SM-57 or something
(\__/)
your out of ny huh, im guessing you live near albany? Im a little south of there, near middletown or fishkill. If your not to far out id be interested in jamming some time
Well, in my personal experience.....computer mics suck at recording guitars lol. But everyone knows that. So long as you have some way of recording OTHER than that computer mic, that's all we're really asking. I can EQ it anyways and make it sound a little better in the mix anyways. But if you're interested, and you want to start right away, we're doing a cover of The Who's "Who Are You?" So if you'd like to play the guitar part to that, that'd be awesome.
Yea, we got somethin other than that crappy computer mic to record with. Sure Ill learn "Who are you". You said the drums are first right? Cuz that would be difficult to time without drums haha.

Mindtrek: Yea I live in schenectady. What do you play?
(\__/)