I just designed this to give me the ability to pan between 2 amps/effects chains.

The switch is a DPDT on/on/on (the thing in the bottom-left is just to clarify this).
What I want the switch to do is select between one output, the other, or both, with the pot panning between the two when the switch is on 'both.'

So, will this work, and what value of pot should I use?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by wiliscool
I just designed this to give me the ability to pan between 2 amps/effects chains.

The switch is a DPDT on/on/on (the thing in the bottom-left is just to clarify this).
What I want the switch to do is select between one output, the other, or both, with the pot panning between the two when the switch is on 'both.'

So, will this work, and what value of pot should I use?

I'd say 100k Log so it acts like a volume pot. also i used a dual gang pot so i made each part have it's own volume instead of panning.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Last edited by funguy at Jul 31, 2008,
Just an A/B box with volume control. Interesting idea though, I was thinking of making something like this. And yeah, it should work.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Cool, so I guess I'll use a 100k linear pot then. I'll post pics whenever I get around to building it.
Quote by handbanana
Make the volume control in a volume pedal, so you can rock the pedal back and forth to go from one output to the other. Hope this works with the grounding of the whole unit.
Yeah, that would be a good idea. Also, I just realized that the pot will act as a volume control when the switch is on one side or the other.
Quote by handbanana