yeah i just got the decimator
its really great, but only one issue
i'm running it at the end of my pedalboard, not in the effects loop, none of it is, because i tend to use my ds-1 and metal muff more than the on board distortion of the mg
so i get this sharp reverb like sound if i use single coils or neck pickups it seems like
does anyone know what i'm talking about?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i don't know but that dimebucker thread makes me lol EVERY time.

and i was looking into the decimator so anyone else that has one convince me to get it over the boss noise gate.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
i don't know but that dimebucker thread makes me lol EVERY time.

and i was looking into the decimator so anyone else that has one convince me to get it over the boss noise gate.

the boss noise gate sucks
i've heard nothing but great things about the decimator, and so far its great except this one thing, and i think its because i'm using it correctly
and yes that thread is hilarious

Quote by woodsballplayer
what is your signal chain?

it goes amp into little big muff, dd-3, small clone, metal muff, tu-2, ds-1, ts-9dx, mxr phase 90, crybaby, decimator, than into the guitar
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
it could be your guitar nut or just right above it by the tuners. wrap a handkerchief around the headstock or weave a piece of foam through the strings and it should go away.
edit: actually i am 90% sure that is the problem. I have the same issue but i have a sweet handkerchief to solve the problem.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
it could be your guitar nut or just right above it by the tuners. wrap a handkerchief around the headstock or weave a piece of foam through the strings and it should go away.
edit: actually i am 90% sure that is the problem. I have the same issue but i have a sweet handkerchief to solve the problem.

well i'll try that
but its happened on three guitars, my strat and explorer, and the cruddy starcaster my brother owns
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
yeah in general i'm having trouble setting this thing up
i'm putting it at the end of my chain as i said
i can't get it to block out hum with my single coil neck pickup on my strat, but if i set it to high it cuts sustain way too much
help?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE