I've heard only great things about this amp, but I want to make sure it can be quiet enough for the house. I'm not in a band so all I plan to do is play at home, so I'm just wondering if it can be quiet enough. The answer is most likley yes but I want to be 100% sure.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

other inhabitants and neighbors factor in but yeah it can be used good in the home. but normal "quietish" level are like 2 on clean and 1.5 when the pregain is cranked. however, natural OD starts at like 4-5ish so unless people dont mind some blasting, dont expect too much OD without a pedal
Quote by corbn89
other inhabitants and neighbors factor in but yeah it can be used good in the home. but normal "quietish" level are like 2 on clean and 1.5 when the pregain is cranked. however, natural OD starts at like 4-5ish so unless people dont mind some blasting, dont expect too much OD without a pedal

It has a pre and post volume. You can get TONS of gain at very low volumes.
Quote by dcooper830

But not natural OD.

Mine works fine in the house. Post at about 3.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Yeah it actually isn't overwhelming for house practice. I keep the vol. on 2 for the clean channel and have my guitar's volume on half, and for the OD channel it really depends.

I keep my gain just above the 5 and the Post vol at 2.5, but if you have the Pre gain on 12, you'll wana turn down the Post down to 1.5 or 2.
Quote by dcooper830

oh yeah for sure. i can get heavy modern rock tones with the pre at 10, post at 2, and a boost from my ts-9 and id still be able to hear my guitar acoustically if i strum hard enough.

but the natural OD sound wont come on clean until you reach at least 4 (which with half volume on guitar is still loud for the house). in this case a pedal helps.