Page 1 of 3
Hi there, I am wondering if anyone is interested in buying hand painted canvases? These will be one of a kind and unique, not like the prints you get on ebay. They will be painted by me. Im offering UGers a service where by you may commision me to paint you a canvas of whatever you like, be it Slash, Chris Cornell or a BC Rich Warlock, (doesnt have to be guitar-related...it could be sean bean!!) if i can paint it then I will! The canvases will be 30x40cm, although different sizes can be requested for additional cost. The paintings are done in the style you find on DJTees.com; simple black and white. They look stunning! (see below) - being handpainted they just look classier than the prints you buy for £15-30 on ebay... and im only charging £20. These take me a while to paint (a lot more than £20 worth of time) and as this is just a thing for UGers i dont have wholesaler contacts for canvases... so its a pretty good deal!!

Let me explain how it works. First, I will need at least 3 commissions before I can start this because of the start-up cost. What will happen is, you send me a picture you want painting on a canvas (again, DJ-Tees is a great place to look for that style of pic) - it can be a normal photograph which I will transform into the black and white style image. I will then email you with a computerised version of what it will look like. If you like it, i then paint it for you. at this point I ask for a £5 deposit on these so people dont waste my time by asking me to paint and then not wanting it. If you like it, you pay the other £15 and I send it to you (price includes delivery) If you dont like it and I agree that it didnt go too well (not likely unless you request an extremely difficult picture that has like 1000 daleks in it) then I will refund your deposit, but if i think its fine but you want are just trying to waste my time, then I will post a picture on UG, let UG decide whether it looks like what it is supposed to, and if they agree it does then you wont get your £5 back, but if they agree with you that it doesnt quite look like what its supposed to then you get your fiver back (this is the fairest way to ensure you get what you want and i dont get ripped off!) I then send you the handpainted canvas and bobs your uncle!!

If you are prepared to read all of the good traders thread you will see that I have done a lot of transactions on here and im an honest seller. All canvases will be packaged carefully and sent first class. If UGers over the pond in the USofA are interested then i'll calculate international shipping, but for UK UGers it is £20 delivered per handpainted canvas!!

This is one I did for my brother of Eddie Vedder:

This is something i did earlier today just on paper to show you. As the preparation for this one is already done, it wouldnt take too long to get it to you on canvas!!:

Like I say, i can do whatever you want me too. You dont put a deposit down until i can guarantee you that I can paint it - and on the bizarre off chance something goes wrong like if my cat pukes on it, you get that deposit back (unless you want me to try again)

Anyone interested? Like I say I would like 3 people to be interested before I start else it might not be worth it (ill probs do it if 2 are interested, then im at least breaking even). Let me know what you think!!

Cheers

(I PM'd 2 mods to ask if this was ok but havent had replies. Just delete this thread if this isnt acceptable)
not sure if i'm interested as i live overseas in US, but your work looks really good. keep it up
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
i don't think you should be looking for someone to buy those in the pit
you could probably sell them for more and somewhere a little more reliable cuz there amazing
im not interested but i thought i would tell you my thoughts
Quote by the_baker
i don't think you should be looking for someone to buy those in the pit
you could probably sell them for more and somewhere a little more reliable cuz there amazing
im not interested but i thought i would tell you my thoughts

well its not in the pit... but yeah i see what you mean. I dont really have any other means available to me. I dont fancy ebaying them, the structure of ebay isnt right for this kind of work, and i cant afford a website. and im a pretty trusted seller here. Thanks for the advice but i dont know what else i can do really
and yeah they should probs be a lot more and ill probably regret it later, but i need to get off my feet in this first. ive got no money!!
i might be interested, subscribed for now.
lost and confused,
focused on the obscured.

(\__/) (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ | ¸.·'´¸.·'´¸.·'´
(o.0 ) (´¨`·.¸¸~MoRBiDThOuGhTs~¸¸.·´¨`)
(> < ) (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ | `'·.¸`'·.¸`'·.¸
ok mate

i now have 5 pictures "commissioned" so to say, so ill get the ball rolling and buy all of the canvases and paints tomorrow more buyers welcome though!! ill make as many as people want!!!
Mate that's great I won't decide on anything right now, but I'm definitely interested. Getting my room done next month and that's exactly the kind of art I want in it!

You should take them to a bigger market, I think more people would be interested

Well done

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Quote by Stuarttt-1
Mate that's great I won't decide on anything right now, but I'm definitely interested. Getting my room done next month and that's exactly the kind of art I want in it!

You should take them to a bigger market, I think more people would be interested

Well done

thanks mate, much appreciated i dont really know how to take them to a bigger market to be honest. ebay isnt great for that kind of thing, and i cant really afford a website any suggestions are much welcomed!!!

Im just starting this really, so im testing it out on UG so you guys get them cheap and if demand is good ill try selling them somewhere else for a little more in the future!!!

If there is anything you want when you get your room done, then just PM me and ill see what I can do
cheers mate - i wasnt expecting such appreciation from people!!! thanks very much!! maybe i should charge more.... haha dont worry I wont

canvases are light (although there will be a lot of packaging!!), i havent calculated shipping to US yet but I will so that everyone knows. Good luck with the job you have been promised, i hope for both of our sakes that you get it!!!
I'm down for two of those. I'm pming you with details and questions right now. great work at a great price hope you sell a ton of these
i did a little pic showing the images i used for ones ive done on paper before. i thought this could make it a little easier for people to choose.. if you cant think of something to get painted take a look at these!!

im currently working on one of matt tuck, one of sean bean and one of stevie ray vaughan for customers... ill post pics when they are done
Quote by twistudriffer
I'm down for two of those. I'm pming you with details and questions right now. great work at a great price hope you sell a ton of these

PM received, thanks
whoah! totally forgot to mention! It doesnt have to be black and white. It can be any colour you want. If you want say, purple and white, the price is still £20, but if you want something wierd like purple and yellow then im going to charge £22 because it will use up more paint!
That looks great!

If I was in the UK, i'd buy one of these for my practice room.
consider this a free bump
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
That looks great!

If I was in the UK, i'd buy one of these for my practice room.
consider this a free bump

thanks mate

just so everyone knows, im calculating international shipping at around £15, thats around $30 USD. so thats £35 delivered for a painting

if you are in the EU its £30 delivered for a painting - thats 38 Euros!
i shall consider your offer, but how will you make sure the canvases (if thats a word) don't break during postage?
a piece of cardboard or something hard will be placed in the back to support the centre of the stretched canvas. The inside will then be packed very tightly with scrunched up newspaper or those airbags you get so that everything is tight and if you press the front of the canvas you get a lot of resistance with the packaging. The whole thing will then be wrapped tightly numerous times in bubblewrap and wrapped up in parcel paper. It adds a fair bit of weight but is the best way I can think of. Hope that description is helpful, when I get home later I will post a step by step picture guide as to how I will package them so everyone is clear that they will be packaged well

Thanks very much, i should have mentioned this before
These are great keep up the good work! You should do more detailed drawings you would be good.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by saphrax
Can you do things with more detail on them?

Kinda like this:

If so, I'd be interested.

I only do the style seen in the first post mate, sorry. To be honest, ive never tried something like that. Ive only recently discovered I can do these paintings. Ive never had an interest in art and never paid attention at school. I didnt do art in GCSE or anything else, so i dont actually know how to shade or anything. I would love to teach myself, but it might take a while, so for now its just that style, sorry. Shading like that seems way too complex for me. Ive always been able to draw great stuff, but always got stumped at the colouring in... which is why i just use 2 colours.

I would however, consider doing something like this:

It would be a lot trickier than my normal ones and would take me a lot longer and would have to use 4 different paints, so i would have to charge more (but you do get your deposit back if it sucks!!)

Let me know what you think. Im afraid for now its just the style in the first post, im very busy at the moment and can imagine learning to shade with paints being a very difficult task... not something id like to do on a commission!

and as for those packaging pics.... they're coming!!!!
Quote by Skirvy
Well I'm too sure at the moment, but what would this look like:

erm thats a bad pic to work with to be honest. its small and very grainy. If you can find i high-res version of that pic i could try doing a mock up...

i could do this:

Quote by godavidcoleman
Beautiful work...hope you continue selling!

Thanks mate ill continue selling so long as people continue buying!! haha. now that ive got enough orders im going to stock up on the canvases and paints so that i have a reserve of them so i have always got a couple lying around. If orders dry up and suddenly someone wants a couple, i wont have that 'start-up cost' all over again to worry about, so i can continue to sell them for £20
You are extremely talented my friend. My sister is a painter and she sells her stuff through galleries all the time for hundreds of $$$ and sometimes more. You are definitely underpricing these pieces. I suggest you take some of your work to a local art gallery and talk to them about an exhibition or at the very least hanging these. You will definitely sell.

You also might try setting up around town somewhere touristy and selling them on the street. You should paint some live so that people can see the artist at work. Also contact a screen printer in town and have a few of these images made into t-shirts. You could ebay them and not lose the integrity of the art. If you made 50 t-shirts you could easily make a profit margin of 50% and possibly more.

I really like your stuff but your doing yourself and your art a disservice by selling it for too little.

Your work is fantastic!!
Quote by KonaNuNu
You are extremely talented my friend. My sister is a painter and she sells her stuff through galleries all the time for hundreds of $$$ and sometimes more. You are definitely underpricing these pieces. I suggest you take some of your work to a local art gallery and talk to them about an exhibition or at the very least hanging these. You will definitely sell.

You also might try setting up around town somewhere touristy and selling them on the street. You should paint some live so that people can see the artist at work. Also contact a screen printer in town and have a few of these images made into t-shirts. You could ebay them and not lose the integrity of the art. If you made 50 t-shirts you could easily make a profit margin of 50% and possibly more.

I really like your stuff but your doing yourself and your art a disservice by selling it for too little.

Your work is fantastic!!

WOW thanks! I really dont know what to say to that! I priced them at £20 because you can get print versions of these for around £15-20 on ebay and i figured that would be the price i would have to compete with. I assumed peoples attitudes would be that of 'why pay more for handpainted ones when prints look just as good...' I listed them on UG because im a know seller here and thought a low price would generate enough demand to keep me going for a while (i literally have no money)

Thank you very much for the advice i honestly didnt think people would be bothered about them but if you think, with your experiences of your sisters art, that gallerys would actually like this then ill definately look into it! I need these £20 UG sales though to give me the money to actually be able to by a dozen or so canvases for myself to be able to paint stuff to exhibition. at the moment i can only afford to buy the canvas if there is someone definately there to buy it at the end, so i took the attitude that the very low price would give me more demand for them that i high price would, so i would sell lots for cheap instead of a few for a lot. at the moment i need guaranteed sales so i cant afford to raise the price. but when i have done a few i may have to raise the price.... so get them while you can!

out of curiosity, what do you think i should be charging??
Seriously go to an art gallery, my Grandad does hand-drawn 30X30 pictures in frames and they sell for around £70. Take a few samples and talk to the leaders in the gallery/shop, and they will either commision you and give you room for displaying, or they will give you information on local art shows/ other galleries. I think in the correct gallery these would be worth at least £40-£60.
I'm interested! It all looks good and definitely second (3rd/4th?) the art gallery suggestions.

Can you give me an idea of a timescale?
i should be able to get it to you by the end of the week. there is a queue of 7, but a couple of them are mates so they will be fine waiting if i get behind on them (which i dont think i will unless something urgent comes up!!) what you wanting painting?
I'm seriously considering Keith Moon on one of these so be lookin out for me in the near future.
Considering a couple of different things, not entirely sure yet though. I'll let you know sometime next week.
okey dokey strikes, and PM me whenever you want aaronni.

and cheers dandadog i will probs do just that, i had no idea they'd be this popular!!
Page 1 of 3