Page 1 of 3
I have a Dean Razorback V with Bill Lawrence 500xl, Krank Revolution 20w, 8 Krank Revolution cabinets (got a good deal on eBay) Randall RG100ES, DBX 266a Noise Gate, Crate FX120w cabinet, and two Krank Rev. Jr cabinets.

My friend started laughing when he saw all my gear and told me I was a gear *****. What, if anything should I get rid of?

EDIT: I've been playing for like 6 months.

Last edited by dlmebag at Jul 31, 2008,
Lol, I got 8 cabs for like $500, all used. It really isn't that big, if anyone wants me to, I can take a pic of all them in my garage.
wtf yah thats too much wat the hell are u gonna use all that **** for
GEAR:
Black Epiphone G-310 SG
White Ibanez RG120
Digitech RP250 Multi-Effects Pedal
Raven RG100H and RG412 Half Stack
who cares about there gear if they suck as a player. I want vids...not some one barging about how much **** they have.
You should keep everything... why would you get rid of something just because your buddy said you had to much gear. Hell I always get ragged on because I suck at playing and have way to much gear. But the difference between me and most is its a hobby im not trying to accomplish anything and im in it for the gear as well. Tweaking, buying and getting new gear and different tones is what I like about guitar playing and gear. Im not in a band so why does it matter if my playing is on the skill level of the greats...

That said keep your gear, have fun and enjoy it...
Lol, Ill probably pickup another 12 Warhead cabs on my way home from work.
Quote by sg622
you bought 8 krank rev cabs? wtf

+1

EDIT: Pics!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
If you ever get into a band and play shows, just remember you'll have to lug all that stuff around. A cab, head, instrument and a bag for cables and pedals is all you really need but once you start adding multiple cabs and heads it gets heavy.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Quote by MaXiMuse
That`s impressive, now you just got to learn to shred insanely fast, because you have a bit much gear indeed.

Lol, atleast people on here are being nice about it, my friend whos been playing for 8 years only has a marshall combo, and now he hates me.
sell some of the cabs bro.
unless you plan to buy 3 more heads and have 4 full stacks

How many speakers are in each cab? Are these 4x12's

Would you mind parting with one? I would buy one if the price was low. ESPECIALLY since you got 8 cabs for $500. If you got them that cheap even selling for $100 a piece will give you a nice amount of profit. I would craigslist several of them, or even trade em in at a music store for some new gear. If the cabs are in even ok shape you could get some new stuff that you can enjoy more then a boatload of cabs
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I'd probably sell all the cabs you don't need. Maybe the Randall too, depends on whether you use it or not. Nothing wrong with having 2 amps and one guitar, you know. However, 11 cabinets is a bit redundant, don't you think? You only need one, two if you want to look überbrootalz.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
8 cabinets? for $500?

that's amazing. you deserve a medal or something.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I demand pics!
I would enjoy seeing this!

I love looking at excessive gear!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
I demand pics!
I would enjoy seeing this!

I love looking at excessive gear!

+1
or a video/ sound clip with 1 amp through all 11 of your cabs.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
one more and you can have a rack like this guy!

on a serious note, I'd sell some of those cabs. I mean..you only need 2.

And since you haven't been playing long, I don't think you're going to be playing a stadium-sized show any time soon, so you won't need that much gear.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Well you're only going to get better, so if you sell massive amounts of gear you'll only spend more money buying it back again. So i suggest you don't sell anything...

...apart from some of those Cabinets, if you got a good deal on them you might just make a profit selling them seperatly.
Quote by opticon
If you ever get into a band and play shows, just remember you'll have to lug all that stuff around. A cab, head, instrument and a bag for cables and pedals is all you really need but once you start adding multiple cabs and heads it gets heavy.

Hehe. Here's the trick... Never add heads or cabinets until you can afford to pay dudes to move them for you!
way too much gear for 6 months. 1 year plus, and i'd say that's alright (hell, i'm a gear ***** deep down, but can't afford it >_> ), but 6 months it's a bit overkill.
8 Cabs? You sir are amazing. Dont sell any of it, except maby some cabs if you want some extra cash. ****, my MG cab cost more than your 8 you got some nice gear, dont listen to any jelous friends.
Keep the cabs for trading purposes so you can flip them... Example you wont get much for a cab hell you purchased 8 so you already know how much there worth. But keep them around and put them up for trade for more gear equal to the true value of the cabs. That way you get alot more for you money..
Quote by dlmebag
Lol, atleast people on here are being nice about it, my friend whos been playing for 8 years only has a marshall combo, and now he hates me.

F*ck him.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Hey man, I'd be willing to buy a cab off of you
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
i dont care about people having a lot of gear,
but why in gods name would you need 8 cabs????
all you need is one halfstack, most venues will mic your amp...
sell that ****

EDIT: Holy ****....you have 11 cabs (counting isnt my forte)
what would make you feel the need to have 11 ****ing cabs???
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jul 31, 2008,
got pics up, sorry for low quality, and I couldnt fit all the amps in there, I was already standing like 20 feet away
hahahaha, amazing!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Your never going to need 8 cabs as long as you live, get rid of 6 of 'em unless you want to shoot a Darkness video in your garage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if u want sell a cab or 3
save the rest so when u join a band u can share the goodness of all those cabs
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
Quote by Say Ocean
successful troll is successful

Why are people calling me a troll? How am I trolling?
Quote by steven seagull
Your never going to need 8 cabs as long as you live, get rid of 6 of 'em unless you want to shoot a Darkness video in your garage.

to be honest, for the price he got them for, that's a good deal, even for just shooting a darkness video.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dlmebag
I have a Dean Razorback V with Bill Lawrence 500xl, Krank Revolution 20w, 8 Krank Revolution cabinets (got a good deal on eBay) Randall RG100ES, DBX 266a Noise Gate, Crate FX120w cabinet, and two Krank Rev. Jr cabinets.

My friend started laughing when he saw all my gear and told me I was a gear *****. What, if anything should I get rid of?

EDIT: I've been playing for like 6 months.

Wow. I'll take a couple. *drools*

But yeah, don't get rid of them. Just keep practicing and get good.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
nothing really wrong with having that much gear hell i dont have an amp at the moment and i been playing 3 years if u wanted some pedals or **** u should think on swapping someof those cabs
Page 1 of 3