Hey kids,

I'll be spending two months in London (July-August 2009) and I'm trying to get everything in order now. The paperwork is underway but I've been figuring out accomodations and I'm trying to find the best, cheapest way to live while I'm there. I thought about doing a homestay but I decided it's also important for me to have time and space to myself. Two months is too long for a hotel obviously, and too short for an apartment, so right now I'm looking into university residence halls. I don't know the area too too well so I was hoping you guys could give me some info about zones and whatnot, and even whether or not location is that important since the public transport is so efficient. Or if you could offer any cheaper/better alternatives?

I really want to have a good time while I'm there, so please help me out in finding a good place to stay!
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
camden market i think thats how u spell it, u shud go ther. im sure they have a holiday inn ther and ther quite cheap and clean
I recomend West London. Areas like Ealing, Acton, Hammersmith. Good bus links to everywhere. I have no idea about good places to stay. Try youth hostels or something.
Interesting on another note, how difficult would it be to get a job while I'm in town? Esp since I'm not from there?
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
depends how long you are staying there and how long the company is willing to put you on for