http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/30/frank.marijuana/index.html?iref=newssearch

Don't think this has been posted yet. It's an interesting article. I know this is going to turn into a debate about legalization, but please just read the article.

It's exciting (for me anyway) to see something happening in our government about this issue. I don't believe the bill will be passed (100 grams are you ****ting me?), but it's a step in the right direction and will perhaps encourage further debate and analysis on the subject.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Legalizing Marijuana will NEVER happen in the US. The people who matter in political voting would NEVER vote for a candidate whos platform includes legalizing maurijuana.
It won't pass, but it should.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
I would move there for sure, screw the health care
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
it should pass, so stoners have nothing to talk about ever again
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Cabinet growers are the bathtub gin brewers of the 2000's

And we will be the force that brings cannabis prohibition down
Legalizing marihuana wont happen. The drug cant be monitored by the government ;therefore, they will not allow it. It's hard to keep track of a drug that can grow on the backyard of everyone's house.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
it should pass, so stoners have nothing to talk about ever again

You obviously haven't been around intelligent stoners.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
Quote by Thebridge
You obviously haven't been around intelligent stoners.

check mate
It probably wont pass but something similar will most likely pass within the decade. IMO of course.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Off topic, but what is the film like Super Size Me where the guy did weed instead, i really wanna see it
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by horloko
Legalizing marihuana wont happen. The drug cant be monitored by the government ;therefore, they will not allow it. It's hard to keep track of a drug that can grow on the backyard of everyone's house.

I always chuckle at people thinking that it won't be legalized due to the fact that people can grow it. What percentage of people make their own alcohol or grow their own tobacco? A small minority of users. It would work the same way if cannabis was legalized.

It won't pass because the (US) government would then be admitting they've been morons for punishing people for such a trivial thing.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by CrowLord
Off topic, but what is the film like Super Size Me where the guy did weed instead, i really wanna see it

Super High Me?

I just heard about that movie yesterday...interesting it comes up again...I guess I should On Demand it.

Quote by vintage x metal
Quote by Thebridge
Super High Me?

I just heard about that movie yesterday...interesting it comes up again...I guess I should On Demand it.

It was pretty good, I was expecting more but the guy is hilarious
Ha wouldn't that be the day. I bet the government smokes weed all the time with all the stress they have to deal with. They are just stingy as hell to share it with the rest of the U.S
Quote by CrowLord

Super High Me
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by Jakeylee111
I always chuckle at people thinking that it won't be legalized due to the fact that people can grow it. What percentage of people make their own alcohol or grow their own tobacco? A small minority of users. It would work the same way if cannabis was legalized.

This. A good hydroponic setup for any weed worth smoking costs thousands. A typical stoner would rather go to the gas station and pick up a reasonably taxed eighth.

And quit with the "Marijuana will never be legal, never" crap. Will it be legal this year? Probably not. How can you speak for the social views of decades ahead of us? Shit changes.
Quote by KnupAkdov
Legalizing Marijuana will NEVER happen in the US. The people who matter in political voting would NEVER vote for a candidate whos platform includes legalizing maurijuana.

Wasn't there a U.S president that grew marijuana?
It should happen... I never smoked, but I think this should pass. It won't but if it does, I don't see anything bad coming from it.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Chozz
Wasn't there a U.S president that grew marijuana?

Washington probably did. He had hemp farms and wrote directions to seperate the males and females, something only done for THC potency.
ridiculous

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by garden of grey
This. A good hydroponic setup for any weed worth smoking costs thousands. Shit changes.

HuH? $15 bucks at wal - mart. lol
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
ridiculous

Ridiculously good or bad?

Quote by Peter Griffin

Really? Everybody I've talked has said a nice grow setup costs a ton. I know anyone can grow outdoor schwag, but what are you using for those pics in your profile? If you do it on that budget, I'm impressed.
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
ridiculous

ridiculously awesome
it will never be legalized but it may be decriminalized eventually... pretty much meaning that cops will be told to look the other way when they find pot in civilian possession.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by garden of grey
This. A good hydroponic setup for any weed worth smoking costs thousands. A typical stoner would rather go to the gas station and pick up a reasonably taxed eighth.

And quit with the "Marijuana will never be legal, never" crap. Will it be legal this year? Probably not. How can you speak for the social views of decades ahead of us? Shit changes.

I wouldn't say thousands...

But yes, growers would be but a small niche of marijuana users. It's like people who make their wine. You could be a wine nut and make your own, so that you have something to be proud of. Or you could be a casual wine drinker and stop by Trader Joe's and pick up some 2-buck Chuck.

Quote by vintage x metal
As a chronic (pun intended) weed smoker, even I admit that I don't want weed being legalized. I'd rather spend 20 for a gram than 50 for a gram. All that I ask is that it be decriminalized, if alcohol is a legal substance and kills many many more people than weed, weed should be decriminalized and no one can legitimately argue that.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Seems to be less than I've been told.

"You can spend more or less than that, but $500.00 is the average initial setup price for a personal garden (5 to 10 plants)."

http://howtogrowmarijuana.com/hydroponic-marijuana-guide.html

Still, I don't see a large portion of people going out to drop that money when they just want a dime.

Quote by Angry-Mares
you can buy an ounce of ok stuff for 180 or so

Try 50

I still believe that properly mass grown and regulated marijuana could be marked at a competitive price to knock out dealers while still bringing in tons of tax revenue.
Last edited by garden of grey at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by trey-col89
I'd rather spend 20 for a gram than 50 for a gram.

20 BUCKS A GRAM!!!!!!!!!!! OUTRAGEOUS

Move up here to Canada... you can buy an ounce of ok stuff for 180 or so

a gram will never sell for more than 10

and you can get deals like 2 for 15, 3.5 for 25, half-ounce for 90 bucks, etc etc
They're pushing for it to be legalized in Oregon, and since the majority of the population is a smoker or sympathetic - the only thing that matters in Oregon is the Portland Metro Area - it has a fighting chance. I know I'll vote for it to be legalized.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Lovely thought, but I doubt it'd pass.

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Angry-Mares
20 BUCKS A GRAM!!!!!!!!!!! OUTRAGEOUS

Move up here to Canada... you can buy an ounce of ok stuff for 180 or so

a gram will never sell for more than 10

and you can get deals like 2 for 15, 3.5 for 25, half-ounce for 90 bucks, etc etc

I got a friend in Florida, that spent over $3,000 setting up his extra room in his apartment to grow enough dro to have him set for many years to come with just one batch.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Jakeylee111

It won't pass because the (US) government would then be admitting they've been morons for punishing people for such a trivial thing.

what is easiest, gowing tobacco and brewing alcohol or growing marijuana which basically can grow like weed.

Marijuana especially poor strains like Ruderalis can grow in any tempered environment.

Tobacco is hard to grow for the effort/gain.

Alcohol requires alot of stuff and can kill you if you can't sterilise it correctly and diffuse it in correct amounts.

Cannabis depending on the weather just requires sunlight and growing place, vitamins(not necesarely needed).
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Peter Griffin

Quote by garden of grey

Really? Everybody I've talked has said a nice grow setup costs a ton. I know anyone can grow outdoor schwag, but what are you using for those pics in your profile? If you do it on that budget, I'm impressed.

I dont grow shwagg.
Last edited by Peter Griffin at Jul 31, 2008,
Hell yeah! Have u seen the part of G. Bay where Bush smokes weed?

Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Current laws targeting marijuana users place undue burdens on law enforcement resources, punish ill Americans whose doctors have prescribed the substance and unfairly affect African-Americans, said Frank, flanked by legislators and representatives from advocacy groups.

Clay said he did not condone drug use but opposes using tax dollars to pursue what he feels is an arcane holdover from "a phony war on drugs that is filling up our prisons, especially with people of color."

umm...?
i think it should be decriminalized or legalized ,just as long as i dont get hassled for it.
BUT i dont think i t will for a long time because all the stuck up religion nuts who use religion to get there way.
god made weed,man made beer.
besides,weed is way way way safer than beer.
its a lot less harmful than cigarettes. its just the government cant tax weed so they wont legalize it.
i did hear than california will try and legalize it in november,its on the ballot of topic.
Quote by Peter Griffin
Cabinet growers are the bathtub gin brewers of the 2000's

And we will be the force that brings cannabis prohibition down

I agree. Everytime I've seen a poll on a legitamate news site asking people whether they think weed should be legalized, the outcome is always "yes" by a landslide, yet our gorvernemt doesn't reflect that. that is messed up in my opinion.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!