Hello

My new fender blues junior arrived today! Bought new for £330 including delivery. It's a great sounding amp that beats my old mg by miles. The cleans are the best, it's just such an amazing sound i can't believe it. The distortion is also very good getting a really good rock and roll sound.

Sorry no pictures or soundclips today, I'll do them tomorrow and post them here.

Now I'm looking for an OD to help push it a little more for blues and rock. I was looking at the maxon od808, thought on this? any more suggestions

thanks alot

muddy
not sure about the maxon but ive heard very good things about it. I use a digitech bad monkey, and i have to say its a very good OD to boost with. It's quiet when it comes to added unwanted feedback, and has that god send of a bass knob control. Its also pretty inexpensive. Just something else you might want to check out.
nice score! sounds like a good price, too.

the maxon's a nice od. i'd look into an hbe powerscreamer too, and i liked the black box x-ray i tried, and a t-rex alberta is similar to the maxon but slightly wider-range of eq, and then you have all your fulltones, xotic rc/ac booster, hermida zendrive, etc. etc. which i haven't tried, but which seem to be well-regarded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by PiperDawnsGate
not sure about the maxon but ive heard very good things about it. I use a digitech bad monkey, and i have to say its a very good OD to boost with. It's quiet when it comes to added unwanted feedback, and has that god send of a bass knob control. Its also pretty inexpensive. Just something else you might want to check out.

If i manage to find one on ebay ill be able to get it quite cheap, thanks for the suggestion. Is it quite similair to any ts808 or maxon od808? Obviously not as good but is it anywhere near as good?
Quote by muddywaters51
If i manage to find one on ebay ill be able to get it quite cheap, thanks for the suggestion. Is it quite similair to any ts808 or maxon od808? Obviously not as good but is it anywhere near as good?

Well i haven't tried the ts808 or the maxon, closest thing to that i've tried is a ts9. But in comparison i found the ts9 to be a little bit smoother than the bad monkey when boosting a gain channel. But the bass control on the bad monkey more than makes up for that.
Yes, i second a bad monkey, awesome pedal, it really tightens up the drive channel

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Dave_Mc
nice score! sounds like a good price, too.

the maxon's a nice od. i'd look into an hbe powerscreamer too, and i liked the black box x-ray i tried, and a t-rex alberta is similar to the maxon but slightly wider-range of eq, and then you have all your fulltones, xotic rc/ac booster, hermida zendrive, etc. etc. which i haven't tried, but which seem to be well-regarded.

some of those would be hard to find but thanks for the suggestions. Most overdrives that have been well regarded would be hard to try out. Is there anywhere in the UK that you know of or any websites?

thanks alot
a couple of the shops in denmark street have a lot of pedals (vintage and rare and one of the other ones)... if you're anywhere near london. guitar guitar up in the north probably have quite a few... vintage and rare is nice, but a lot of the other denmark street shops aren't (other than wunjo, which is also nice)... i wouldn't buy from them (apart from V&R and wunjo) to be honest, they aren't above lying (even about the price!) to make a sale.

i haven't been to these, but judging by their adverts in guitar mags, sounds great in manchester, and chandlers near london might be worth looking into as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?