Page 1 of 2
Out of all the movies you've seen, which movie was the biggest upset, that really went against your expectations?

Mine would definitely have to be Spaceballs. I thought it would be funny, but it was the worst comedy I've ever seen. I thought it was truly a piece of sh*t and I don't understand why people think it's so good.
you didn't like spaceballs?????

well, it's not for everyone i guess......

for me, i'd have to say the village. biggest piece of crap ever
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by The Madcap
Out of all the movies you've seen, which movie was the biggest upset, that really went against your expectations?

Mine would definitely have to be Spaceballs. I thought it would be funny, but it was the worst comedy I've ever seen. I thought it was truly a piece of sh*t and I don't understand why people think it's so good.

I liked Spaceballs, but I'm a pretty big Mel Brooks fan. Have you ever seen any of his other movies (Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are the best)?

Biggest disappointment for me: Spiderman 3. That movie was a chore to sit through. It did have a lot to live up to though. Either that or Reservoir Dogs.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Uhh. I dunno. The worst movie I've ever witnessed is Eragon. But I didn't expect much from it. Only movie I've ever intentionally stopped watching in the middle.

I guess I've never been "disappointed" by a movie.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Thebridge
I liked Spaceballs, but I'm a pretty big Mel Brooks fan. Have you ever seen any of his other movies (Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are the best)?

Biggest disappointment for me: Spiderman 3. That movie was a chore to sit through. It did have a lot to live up to though. Either that or Reservoir Dogs.
Yeah, I really liked The Producers.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
you didn't like spaceballs?????

well, it's not for everyone i guess......

for me, i'd have to say the village. biggest piece of crap ever

i second everything this dude said...meet the spartans biggest piece o'****
A Shark Tale was crap. but dissapointment wise, i would say 300, people hype it up too much
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Forbidden Kingdom. I saw that the other night at the cinema and my God it is dreadful. Oh yeah, and Anchorman.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Contact.

When i finally saw the alien i walked away. I will never get that time back i wasted on that piece of dogpoo.
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
Napoleon Dynomite, i hated it so much when it came out but everyone else liked it at the time...
3rd installation of Terminator was complete asshole.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by thedudemeister
A Shark Tale was crap. but dissapointment wise, i would say 300, people hype it up too much

+1
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Terminator 3, and Batman Begins.

And I've already reserved a space for Star Wars Clone Wars.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
Forbidden Kingdom. I saw that the other night at the cinema and my God it is dreadful.

Yes.

The monkey king was absolutely lame. It's a shame that most of you don't know about the story and show that this movie was based off of (Journey To The West). The Chinese show was filmed during the 80s and the actor who played the monkey king was very convincing.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Elektra. I didn't even expect it to be good, but my god. It was the worst movie I have ever seen.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Elektra. I didn't even expect it to be good, but my god. It was the worst movie I have ever seen.

Catwoman's worse.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
At least Elektra had some hotties. I didn't expect it to be good, so I wasn't disappointed.
^That's why I watched it. They could of at least thrown some sex in it.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Catwoman's worse.

I've seen Catwoman and I found it better than Elektra. Still shit, though.

I enjoyed the Star Wars prequels. All of them. Episode I and II are a bit meh, but I enjoyed them. III was alright. All of them pale in comparison to the originals, of course.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Capote.

I didn't expect it to be good though.
but, it was pretty bad.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Elephant. Told it was awesome, it was absolutely ****ing awful.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
X-men 3 - I do think I shouted out "That was ****" at the end of it, same for Spiderman 3
Napoleon Dynamite and Team America were incredibly bad and they'd been recommended by a lot of friends who I thought had good taste.
Spiderman 3 definitely **** plot, too many different bed guys, boring unoriginal character development on the ones that were there, just not believable at all anymore
In no way the worst movie I've seen, but the one that left me the most dissapointed after I walked out of the theater (twice I might add) was There Will Be Blood. I had high hopes going in there considering it was directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, who directed Boogie Nights and Magnolia, which are fantastic movies. The story looked very promising as well, but after seeing it, there were so many flaws in it that the good qualities that the movie had were heavily overshadowed by these flaws. Warning: This will be a long post.

First off, there were no supporting characters of any consequence (I consider Eli Sunday a main character). The only person other then Plainview and Sunday that even made his presence known was Plainview's son, but considering how important he is to Plainview, he should have been developed much more then he is here. Plus, what the hell happened to Eli Sunday's brother? He's there for 2 minutes trying to get Plainview to buy the land then he just vanishes, with no hint at all of what might have happened to him.

Second, Plainview and Eli Sunday, the main characters of the film, are both incredibly one-dimensional. I understand they're not supposed to be nice people. But if the viewer is not able to sympathize with them, they should at least care about them. But both of these characters are so over the top, they no longer become believable and they don't feel human at all. They feel like some grotesque creatures that just happen to have human features.

Third, his attacks on Christianity are unbelievably ignorant. As a Christian, I can tell you that Christianity is by no means perfect. We have our share of corrupt people and we don't always do what's best for our religion and for the world. But it's ridiculous to use one person as an analogy for something that encompasses so many things. I have no problem with PTA criticizing Christianity, because there are things that should be criticized, but all he says basically the whole movie is that all Christians are evil, manipulative people. He offers no new insights on it other then what has been said millions of times before and his arguments are incredibly one-sided.

All that being said, there was some excellent cinematography and some excellent dialogue, but overall it wasn't enough to redeem the movie.
Spider-Man 3.

Venom was ruined, the plot was full of contradictions and just generally sucked. If you want all the continuity errors, search "the editing room spider-man 3" in google.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
The Resident Evil movies. Great video games, horrible movies. Paul W.S. Anderson deserves to die.
The Butterfly Effect 2...I loved 1 so much and couldn't wait for 2, but it wasn't that great.
I loved Spiderman 3 and Indy 4.

I'll agree that Napolean Dynamite was extremely disappointing. I didn't find it funny at all.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Page 1 of 2