Does anyone know if you can do work with epoxy resin yourself, assuming that you are following a precise set of instructions and have ALL the right tools?

It's just I have a job to do requiring epoxy and I'm tempted to do it myself.
Quote by legiondairy
Well what kind of a job are you doing with it?

I'm making a fiberglass model of Hadrian's wall and then epoxying the neck of my bass.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm making a fiberglass model of Hadrian's wall and then epoxying the neck of my bass.

Ah i see.

well, fibreglassing isn't all that complex. In as basic as possible terms you lay the fibre glass and than spread the epoxy over teh top.

but i actually use polyester resin for fibreglassing. Just make sure you tell teh guys at the shop it's your first time and they'll give you the right tools
Quote by legiondairy
Ah i see.

well, fibreglassing isn't all that complex. In as basic as possible terms you lay the fibre glass and than spread the epoxy over teh top.

but i actually use polyester resin for fibreglassing. Just make sure you tell teh guys at the shop it's your first time and they'll give you the right tools

Cheers.
THREE'S A CROWD, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Oh, and make sure the Varnish on your bass neck won't react with the resin. That is all.
its really simple

we used it in school all the time in cdt

just make sure you mix the two parts together really well
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit