Tuesday night, I went to Guitar Center. I knew I needed a new guitar, and I was pretty set on a MIM Fender HSS Strat. I plugged one in and loved the cleans, didn't like it's thin overdriven tone (this is through a Fender Hot Rod Dlx). I put it aside, and tried out a bunch more. Epiphone G-400, the sound was nice, but it went out of tune when the wind blew and it looked like the neck would just pop out any second. Tried a PRS SE Custom, and loved it's high end bite. Didn't like the cleans though. Same went with a Schecter C-1 Custom. Picked up a low-end Gretsch hollowbody, and loved the cleans, didn't like the muddy overdrive. Repeated this sort of thing for an Ibanez and an Epiphone LP Standard. Finally, feeling very disappointed so far, I picked up an Epiphone Dot Standard. Instantly I was in love. Got it in heritage cherry for $549 with a HSC. And let me say, pictures on MF do not do this baby justice. Pics coming soon.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
hope you enjoy it

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Happy New Guitar Day!!!

NOW I WANT PICTURES!!!
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
congrats on the purchase. pics!
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Pics! Good purchase, I loved my Dot Studio.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Great, one of my favorite underused guitars!
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Pics!

Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Looks very nice!

But really dirty in that second to last pic, clean your baby.

grats!
Has she got a name yet???

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
good job on buying a guitar by trying a bunch out. i hate how some people just order it online without trying it out (minus the people too far away from a store). i mean its all about how good it feels on you, not some guys on the internet.
congrats! isnt it wonderful to have a guitar that truly fits you as a player?? i found mine through the advice of my local shop's owner. i had been bouncing around for months, and i asked him what to try, and he pointed to a deluxe strat. the thing fit me perfectly

once again, good job on finding the guitar for you!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Thanks guys! I definitely plan to polish her up next time I change the strings. For some reason, I really like the way the gold knobs look on the red. It's weird, since I don't normally like goldish hardware, but the black just looks ugly on it to me. But it definitely is the perfect guitar for me. Perhaps someday when I'm a rockstar rich enough to afford the Gibson version I'll get that, but for now I couldn't be happier. I still haven't come up with a name though (never have been good with names ).
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
oooh, oooh,....name it..............earl bucky jones......sig edition, number one outta one and just who heck is earl bucky jones????????????...ive got no clue, but it sounds good.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
btw sweet axe dude
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Nice! I've been thinking about a new guitar, and the Dots have really caught my eye. How's it play?
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by The Picker
Nice! I've been thinking about a new guitar, and the Dots have really caught my eye. How's it play?

Much better than other Epiphones at the same price, IMO. The neck is similar to Gibson's '60s profile. Not the best for the shredder, I wouldn't say it's the fastest neck I've ever played. That would have to go to a Fender C-shaped for me. But it's nice. It was a floor model, but it was set up pretty well, I've had no issues with intonation. If you do some wicked bending it will start to lose it's tuning stability, but what <$1000 guitar without a locking nut or locking tuners doesn't?
Epiphone Dot
Vox AC30VR 212
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson