My birthdays coming up and i wanna buy some guitar stuff.

Do equalizers make a lotta difference to my guitar sound or is it small changes that only affect when trying to distinguish it from other guitars in a band.

Thanks in advance
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
EQ is the single most tone affecting effect in the world. I don't think that there's anything else that affects it more.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
EQ is the single most tone affecting effect in the world. I don't think that there's anything else that affects it more.

The person playing the guitar?
Really depends on how you use it. If you alter all your frequencies than itll be the deciding factor in your tone. But if you use it as a mid boost or volume boost, than itll probably the most subtle effects in your chain. Also depends on where you put it, before the pre amp or in the effects loops will give it different effects. Thats probably why people have more than one EQ pedal in their chain.
Lets see you can add or cut volume, add or cut gain, add or cut freq's, lead boost, volume boost and even make the tone your very own... Its versatile in many ways and a great buy and generally a pedal you will have for life..
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The person playing the guitar?

Touche. But that's more ability and playing style than tone.
Any suggestions on a really good one?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Im not playing as a band yet but i guess this'll be pretty usefull
It seems that theres only certain settings on my amp i like, if i want it bassy it goes too canned and weird sounding. Great use of terms for me
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by skinzpoison
Im not playing as a band yet but i guess this'll be pretty usefull
It seems that theres only certain settings on my amp i like, if i want it bassy it goes too canned and weird sounding. Great use of terms for me

Well Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ's are also something you might want to look at. Don't let it's looks fool you, they are like the Boss EQ, except in a plastic case and about $50 cheaper. You can get two. Just an option you might want to check out. Usually Danelectro pedals are bad quality but the EQ they manufacture is grade A quality at an extremely affordable price.
Cool, always in for bagains
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3