hard rock.

I don't play downtuned mother****er metal (I have nothing against it, I just don't play it). Frequency and distortion wise it's more leaning against hard rock.

Would Vader cabs do for this, or is downtuned riff clarity the reason why they're good?

Also, I look for a tight, focused sound.

I'm trying to get a cab for that, because my combo has the open back.

Also, will it go well with a Laney head (like the GH50L for example)?
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Last edited by PhantomNote at Aug 1, 2008,
Vaders will do rock blues whatever jazz fusion metal rock punk anything you throw at it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
(with everything being equal,..speakers/wood/design)

,...the bigger the cab the bigger the sound..smaller cabs have a tighter sound...
some people dont like big cabs...they can be boomy,....your amp will dictate what direction you should take for a cab....

it would be best if you could try out some cabs with your amp and guitar before you buy..

good luck...
I wouldnt count on it.

The Vader Cab has huge headroom and no speaker breakup. For a Classic/Hard Rock the Vintage 30 or the G12 75 work great.

I would only use the Vader for High Volume, High Gain Metal
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
/\

A few people don't like speaker breakup, so keep that in mind. I personally love the sound of Greenbacks heavily driven, but not everyone does.
Quote by Ubershall404
I wouldnt count on it.

The Vader Cab has huge headroom and no speaker breakup. For a Classic/Hard Rock the Vintage 30 or the G12 75 work great.

So it's only good at high volume? (I mean, I will be using it for live use, but how high?)

I do use a decent amount of gain (alla http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAIVHZBWb5o .)

Would it work for this kind of sound?
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Last edited by PhantomNote at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by Ubershall404
I wouldnt count on it.

Says the guy with "Uberschall" in his UN......

It is all about preference in sound. Do you like a lot of speaker breakup? If so, go with a smaller vader (the 2x12 is probably perfect), if not, the 4x12's are great
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
/\

For Bodom I'd say it'd work well. Alexi uses 300 watt cabs, so i think you'd be fine (granted, you'd have more headroom and probably more low end, but that's a good thing for metal!).
They seem pretty versatile.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//