Anyone listen to this awesome band? Discovered them through the glorious organization known as ANUS.
You just now learned of Summoning?

Tsk tsk
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I have one album. I usually put it on at night, to help me fall asleep. That's not a diss by the way, it's just kinda soothing for me. Good stuff.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
You just now learned of Summoning?

Tsk tsk

Don't know how you reached that conclusion, don't be so patronising! Lol. I did not 'just' discover them, but I'd not seen a mention on here about them.
Last edited by solidgay at Aug 1, 2008,
haha Summoning comes off as pretty wanky to me
lol
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
true, but considering the genre it claims to be a part of, it's fair to call it wank.
not having a go at em btw
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by mortiis999
The forum is hardly brimming with discussion about them though. Unless it's prog wank no one wants know on here.

That's why I post on this board about twice a year.

I don't have the burning urge to talk about my taste in music like the rest of this place. When I do talk about music, it's in real life with friends about upcoming concerts usually.
I greatly enjoy this band

they manage to be extremely atmospheric without having extremely shitty production
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Conservationist
Summoning rules. They're not wanky at all, in my view, kind of the opposite: droning, ambient. The best CD for my ears is "Dol Guldur," but they haven't put out a turd yet. If you like conventional black metal, try their first CD.

http://www.anus.com/metal/summoning

I like Stronghold the most. Dol Guldur is next though.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
i only have Nightshade Forest EP
pretty great music to listen to at night when trying to sleep, as necropeth said

really cool band
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by mortiis999
Unless it's prog wank no one wants know on here.

You speak the truth! But, this is a guitar forum and (sadly) a lot of guitarists only seem to like 'guitar music,' whatever that is!

I have their discography, Dol Guldur certainly is ace, and I'm really enjoying Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame at the moment, I grew up with the Radio play of Lord of the Rings that they keep sampling in that.

I emailed them just now to try and arrange an interview with Protector for me and mortiis999's radio show atm. Stay tuned for that!
Great band, Stronghold and Minas Morgul are all I have though. One of the only bands I can tolerate classical influence in.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Great band, Stronghold and Minas Morgul are all I have though.

I'd say you have their best stuff there anyhow. I've owned all their albums at some point or another but MM is the only one I've kept hold of. The first half of that record is the absolute best possible outcome of a "pair-of-orc-loving-Austrians/cheap-Casio-keyboard" scenario.
Stronghold is their best I reckon. Really beautiful atmospheric black metal.
Quote by Conservationist
Summoning rules. They're not wanky at all, in my view, kind of the opposite: droning, ambient. The best CD for my ears is "Dol Guldur," but they haven't put out a turd yet. If you like conventional black metal, try their first CD.

http://www.anus.com/metal/summoning

I completely agree, Dol Guldur has been receiving many plays of late.
Quote by Eyeofthewitch
I'd say you have their best stuff there anyhow. I've owned all their albums at some point or another but MM is the only one I've kept hold of. The first half of that record is the absolute best possible outcome of a "pair-of-orc-loving-Austrians/cheap-Casio-keyboard" scenario.

Eloquently put.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by MHDrunk
true, but considering the genre it claims to be a part of, it's fair to call it wank.
not having a go at em btw

I hear ya

Still enjoy the music though

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM