Page 1 of 2
does anyone in here dip cuase i just tried it and at first i thought it was mad scummy and now i thkn its fine lol just want to know waht some other ppl think
Quote by SkyValley
Girls have boobs. I like boobs.

Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Custom Edition
No. That shit is nasty.

At least smoking looks cool, but this has absolutely NO benefits.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
you mean chewing tobacco right?

bleh.. no.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by *Juno*
wut

Dipping.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
yea i know im not sayin im gonna do it again but its not somehting i would normally try so i wanted other oppinions
Quote by SkyValley
Girls have boobs. I like boobs.

Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Custom Edition
I used to. Haven't used any tobacco products in six months.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I did a couple times last summer. Tasted off, and made my teeth feel awkward.

It was okay, but not worth getting mouth cancer over.
yes sir. i dip kodiak (best dip ever).
also, the baseball player in the above picture is chewing, not dipping.
i also chew, but it doesn't give you the buzz that dip does
Austin Les Paul rip-off that sounds really nice
Gibson V
PEAVEY JSX 212
i think its gross as shit but i recently started this summer when i got a job at a manufacturing plant. going 3 hours without a smoke would get me jonesing so now i just throw in a dip from time to time.

the only kind i can stand is skoal apple blend. any of that mint shit rots my stomach.

oh yeah, and we are not supposed to chew at work so i have to swallow the spit, or very discreetly spit in the garbage can...i usually go for number one
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i think its gross as shit but i recently started this summer when i got a job at a manufacturing plant. going 3 hours without a smoke would get me jonesing so now i just throw in a dip from time to time.

the only kind i can stand is skoal apple blend. any of that mint shit rots my stomach.

oh yeah, and we are not supposed to chew at work so i have to swallow the spit, or very discreetly spit in the garbage can...i usually go for number one

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000

try kodiak (wintergreen only), and you will never dip anything else.
- also a little more intense to gut (swallow)
Gibson V
PEAVEY JSX 212
nope.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
dip is a finely cut smokeless tobacco that you put in between your gum and your lip and basically suck on it. the nicotine from the tobacco is absorbed through your gums and gives you a nice head rush and buzz.
chewing tobacco is sort of the same idea but its not cut as finely and you just kind of chew on it and enjoy the taste. there is a slight mellow feeling from it but not what i would call a "buzz"
Gibson V
PEAVEY JSX 212
Quote by walkinbazooka

you get used to it after a while. you just swallow more often and try not to suck down on the dip too much. i wouldnt recommend it if you dont have to though....

Quote by new original
try kodiak (wintergreen only), and you will never dip anything else.
- also a little more intense to gut (swallow)

if its anything like skoal wintergreen, then no.

a kid i work with always has that in pouches. sometimes ill get one off him if i dont have any, but i think its pretty nasty tasting.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
its not like skoal. i hated skoal wintergreen too because it tastes like ass but kodiak is pure heaven.
try your friends first just in case thought.
it also has more nicotine and a certain type of nicotine called nonprotonated nicotine which gets in your gums faster.
Once you go 'iak you never go back.
Gibson V
PEAVEY JSX 212
I dip my girlfriend if you catch my drift.
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
1. I'm not a hick
2.I dont sit on my porch
3. I dont play the Banjo.

So no, i dont dip.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
1. I'm not a hick
2.I dont sit on my porch

So no, i dont dip.

Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka

Sorry, i really couldnt help it.

I didnt mean it...

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Sorry, i really couldnt help it.

I didnt mean it...

Repent!

Quote by shattamakar

Quote by filthandfury
I dip crisps in salsa, is that what you're saying?

This.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

i don't know how many of you skate but Jeremy Rogers of Plan B fame put a can and a half of scoal into his mouth at one, on his first time, they made it a podcast, it is downright sickening
Quote by Retro Rocker
You can use the good old Biological Excuse.
That being, this is the age where our hormones are raging around the most, it's a choice between wanking, semi-pissing the bed or getting laid everytime you go out.
Quote by MakeItWitChu
1. I'm not a hick
2.I dont sit on my porch

So no, i dont dip.

dude thats racist, you just described a porch monkey, and thats wrong
Quote by Retro Rocker
You can use the good old Biological Excuse.
That being, this is the age where our hormones are raging around the most, it's a choice between wanking, semi-pissing the bed or getting laid everytime you go out.
Quote by new original
dip is a finely cut smokeless tobacco that you put in between your gum and your lip and basically suck on it. the nicotine from the tobacco is absorbed through your gums and gives you a nice head rush and buzz.
chewing tobacco is sort of the same idea but its not cut as finely and you just kind of chew on it and enjoy the taste. there is a slight mellow feeling from it but not what i would call a "buzz"

So, i imagine theres an insanely high chance of gum disease?
My brother dips a lot. It's disgusting
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Cancer dangers

Studies have shown that dipping tobacco has a relatively low risk for cancer, but some studies give conflicting results. One, done in 2004, shows that tobacco-specific nitrosamine (TSNA) levels were much higher in American dipping tobacco than those of Swedish products.[1]

"Tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs) are believed to play a significant role as causes of cancer in people who use tobacco products."[2] The risk of mouth cancer is significantly debated by some American public health professionals, as noted in several recent and past studies.[3][4] However, most researchers emphasize that while smokeless tobacco may be a "less harmful" alternative to smoking, it is not a "safe" alternative to smoking.[5]

One recent study indicated that smokeless tobacco users are exposed to more NNK, a human carcinogen, than cigarette smokers. NNK is known to cause cancer in laboratory animals. This study, like others, stresses that smokeless tobacco use is not a "safe" alternative to cigarettes.[6]

"The three leading U.S. snuff brands (Copenhagen, Skoal fine cut, and Kodiak; making up 92% of the U.S. market [in 1994]) showed not only high levels of pH, nicotine, and unprotonated (free) nicotine, but also high concentrations of the strongly carcinogenic TSNAs in comparison with the fourth and fifth best selling moist snuff brands, Hawken and Skoal Bandits (3% of the U.S. market [in 1994])."[7]

Cancer, however, is not frequently experienced as a consequence in Sweden, where smokeless tobacco use is well-established. It should be noted, however, that Swedish moist snuff ("Snus") utilizes a different manufacturing process that is speculated to reduce the amount of harmful chemicals delivered to the smokeless tobacco user, specifically by minimizing nitrosamine content.[8]

[edit] Cardiovascular effects

Studies are inconclusive as to how significantly smokeless tobacco affects users' cardiovascular systems, but it has been studied that it may have more nicotine than cigarettes. One study states that, "Although the evidence is not conclusive, the adverse cardiovascular effects of smokeless tobacco use are less than those caused by smoking but are more than those found in nonusers."[9] Other studies also indicate that smokeless tobacco related cardiovascular risks are lower than that of smoked tobacco.[10][11] One study states that smokeless tobacco use has a "modest effect on cardiovascular risk factors in young physically fit men."[12]

However, it is important to note that one Indian study from the state of Rajasthan states, "There is a significantly greater prevalence of multiple cardiovascular risk factors [sic] obesity, resting tachycardia, hypertension, high total and LDL cholesterol, and low HDL cholesterol, and electrocardiographic changes in tobacco users, chewing or smoking, as compared-to tobacco non-users. Chewing tobacco is associated with similar cardiovascular risk as smoking."[13] This finding may bear on the possibility that smokeless tobacco in India is produced differently than in Western countries.[original research?]

Due to contrasting results in studies, many conclude that further research should be done on the cardiovascular risks of smokeless tobacco.[14][15]

[edit] Misconceptions

According to one study, only a "handful of websites" contain accurate information on the hazards of smokeless tobacco. 1/3 of websites relating to smokeless tobacco "explicitly" claim that smokeless tobacco is comparable to, or worse than, cigarettes. The conclusion reads:

"Through these websites, and presumably other information provided by the same government, advocacy, and educational organizations, ST [smokeless tobacco] users are told, in effect, that they might as well switch to smoking if they like it a bit more. Smokers and policy makers are told there is no potential for harm reduction. These messages are clearly false and likely harmful, representing violations of ethical standards."[16]

i dip, btw.
Call me Jack
Page 1 of 2