pretty much as the thread says,

need a guitar for metal, budget is £350. Uk based obviously, got a vox ad30vt, and various other setups, thats my main atm tho.

GO!!!!

THANKIES
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
You have "a valve", not "valves"

That Cort is okayish, but the pickups are meh and the trem is going to be pretty dodgy for that price. This guitar, however, is awesome for the price, with your budget your best avoiding floating bridges anyway

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

That Cort is okayish, but the pickups are meh and the trem is going to be pretty dodgy for that price. This guitar, however, is awesome for the price, with your budget your best avoiding floating bridges anyway

yeh the x50 is also good but for £30 more he could get the x40 pro which is pretty much the same but has a schaller trem, im no expert but i have only heard good things about those.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
^If he doesn't want a trem, the X50PRO is the way to go. TS, ever considered going used?
Quote by Mwoit
^If he doesn't want a trem, the X50PRO is the way to go. TS, ever considered going used?

yeh definetly lol. sorry i just assume everyone does for some reason.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
oh wow that washburn looks perfect how well do you think it handles drop b ?

or will i need a floyed for that ?

thanks guys
ive orderd the washburn x50 pro with the duncans, probs switch em out for nail bombs at some point. trans blue for the win. thanks again people XD
Quote by Alex2zulu
ive orderd the washburn x50 pro with the duncans, probs switch em out for nail bombs at some point. trans blue for the win. thanks again people XD

The blue one is, indeed, gorgeous

You might well find you like the stock pickups though, the Custom Custom/59 is a good pairing...makes a nice change from unimaginitive companies slapping the JB in everything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by lwayneio
get another £30 together and get the washburn x40 pro, it has seymour duncan pups, a schaller fr, grover tuners it basically looks awesome http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/269

Ooooh that looks sexy!!!

Not sure about the cutaway section at the top but overall it looks like a beast!!
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
Quote by mudfrog
Ooooh that looks sexy!!!

Not sure about the cutaway section at the top but overall it looks like a beast!!

I like the cutaway i think it adds somin a bit diff to the generic super strat shape. ur right tho it does look to be a beast. completely unrelated i am gutted because an ibanez rg2550 with a lo pro trem just sold on ebay using buy it now for £325 wish i had the money, I begged my parents but they werent having it, I am 20 mind lol.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
i suggest a metal axxe warp...and you'll have money to buy a better amp if you want, the floyd is reliable and its got amazing upper fret access for solos.
the pickups in it are able to go from metal(bridge), creamy hi gain solos(neck) or blues/clean using the coil split options!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by lwayneio
I like the cutaway i think it adds somin a bit diff to the generic super strat shape. ur right tho it does look to be a beast. completely unrelated i am gutted because an ibanez rg2550 with a lo pro trem just sold on ebay using buy it now for £325 wish i had the money, I begged my parents but they werent having it, I am 20 mind lol.

I like the RG2550 Was it the E or the Z model? E I presume

Sorry, back on topic...
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
A single preamp tube going through a digital modeling section and solid-state power section really doesn't count as "tube..." As nice as the Valvetronix sounds, I'd personally get a better amp before a new guitar. Then again, you're stuck with a Squier...

I'd buy the Ibanez RG2EX1. If the pickups aren't hot enough for you since they're kinda medium output, get some GFS Crunchy Rails and slap them mo'fos up in there. They kill. That'll set you back $360 USD, so you're still well within your budget.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by mudfrog
I like the RG2550 Was it the E or the Z model? E I presume

Sorry, back on topic...

well it just said rg2550 but i assume is was the E i think the z has an egde zero or edge pro but this one had a lo pro. anyway it was a bargain at the price so its no suprise it was bought within like 5 hours.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by steven seagull

+1

and if machinehead still have them, maybe the wi65pro? would save £60.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?