I've been searching long and hard for a good stoner rock - kyuss sort of sound, a Warm, Distorted sound. I still havent found a setup which gives me what i am looking for!

My current setup is my beloved black Yamaha sg210 and i'm running it through a fender blues junior and BOSS ME-50 Effects unit. The fender blues junior has a fantastic sound if your into your clean tones and thanks to my effects unit i have added a warm distorted tone but it isn't close enough to what i am after. My amp, obvioulsy not built for metal, is far to limiting and thanks to its ancient pre amp technology has barely any divercity at all!

I'm looking for a good metal amp which has a wide range of tones that can create a good warm sound that offers lots of distortion thats not to treblely...... Any suggestions?
oh and i'm poor
Well, I would say a Laney (I love the VH100R) but with stock tubes I found mine to be quite trebly, but nothing that extreme EQ settings or a tube swap could solve.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
The perfect stoner rock amp is a cranked Orange AD30 with a Big Muff.

But that would cost lots.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I think Fu Mnachu used a bass amp on one of their albums, and Kyuss used guitar amps with bass cabinets.

"In the early days of Kyuss, Homme used Peavey amps but by the time of "Blues for the Red Sun" he was back using Marshall amplifiers and Ampeg bass cabs. Towards the end of Kyuss he moved from Marshall amplifiers to Tube Works amps, still supplemented by Ampeg bass cabs."

And fuzz pedals might help like a Dunlop Fuzz Face. and try using your neck pickup.

hope that helps some
the perfect stoner amp has a bong built in the side
:]
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
I know that Josh Homme used to run his guitar through a Half Stack Bass Cab with a whole
Quote by ibanez87
I think Fu Mnachu used a bass amp on one of their albums, and Kyuss used guitar amps with bass cabinets.

"In the early days of Kyuss, Homme used Peavey amps but by the time of "Blues for the Red Sun" he was back using Marshall amplifiers and Ampeg bass cabs. Towards the end of Kyuss he moved from Marshall amplifiers to Tube Works amps, still supplemented by Ampeg bass cabs."

And fuzz pedals might help like a Dunlop Fuzz Face. and try using your neck pickup.

hope that helps some

bunch of effects to get that Bass driven sound.

Beat me to it
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by MrCarrot
The perfect stoner rock amp is a cranked Orange AD30 with a Big Muff.

But that would cost lots.

this is FACT
Orange AD140/AD30/Thunderverb200

Gibson SG

Win.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
That would be a JCM 2000 DSL. Or Jcm 900 boosted with a Bug Muff.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I would tell ya but I got high..............
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
^this man (RG FANMAN) has it correct.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
I'd be more inclined to go with the Orange Thunderverb.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Either the Ampeg or the Orange from my experience.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
try put a big muff into ur current rig, it can be as bassy (or trebly) as u want