hey all i have seen a guitar on ebay and im not sure if its any good or not mainly cos i know nothing about trems its an ibanez rg2550 it says it has a lo pro trem, are they any good? or will it just fall apart? thanks guys n gals
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
it is very good. the only ibanez trem i would stay away from is the Egde III.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
aw cool see i really didnt have clue there, i know that the edge 3 had a bad rep and i new that the edge pro and zr trems have a good rep but i hadnt heard of the Lo pro. I really hope i can loan some money or somin t o make a bid then. thanks
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Lo-pro is THE trem. Go for it!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Lo Pro Edge is rock solid - it's similar to the Edge Pro but not as low and also still needs you to snip the ball ends of the string, it doesn't have the allen key bar tension adjustment either. It does have grub screws in the trem posts to lock them which means they won't shift wvwn during the most severe whammy abuse. They took them off for the Edge Pro on account of too many people not knowing about them and adjusting the action without undoing them and therefore stripping the locking screws....pity that they took off such a sensible feature on account of stupid people

http://www.lawl.net/gtr/trems
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well i will have to beg my parents for a loan or something, maybe go to the bank i dont know how but i will try my best to get some money, it will be my first guitar with a trem if i can get it. I really want it lol.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
The 2550 isn't supposed to have a LoPro, save for someone doing a hackjob of fitting it in there. Double check before you commit.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
The 2550 isn't supposed to have a LoPro, save for someone doing a hackjob of fitting it in there. Double check before you commit.

see thats what i thought so i have emailed the seller but i think its an old 2550 which did have the lopro and its only the newer ones that have the edge pro and edge zero. but i could be wrong. the seller does have 200+ sales and a 97% postive tho so i doubt it would be a con... Also this one doesnt have the sharktooth inlay its a normal dotted one.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Last edited by lwayneio at Jul 31, 2008,
No 2550 ever had the LoPro, new or old. What you're describing is more than likely a 550EX, which is nothing to get upset about either.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
lo Pro is a Floyd Rose style, so any company that makes Floyd Rose style Tremellos usually makes a Lo Pro style, i think they are 10 times easy to tune also than to tune a Original floyd Rose. I have one on my Jackson and it is great.

I forgot to mention that a Lo Pro stays in tune longer and easier than a normal Floyd Rose style Trem.
Last edited by VGuitarist80 at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by VGuitarist80
lo Pro is a Floyd Rose style, so any company that makes Floyd Rose style Tremellos usually makes a Lo Pro style, i think they are 10 times easy to tune also than to tune a Original floyd Rose. I have one on my Jackson and it is great.

I forgot to mention that a Lo Pro stays in tune longer and easier than a normal Floyd Rose style Trem.
Aside from the fact that the thread is about an Ibanez LoPro Edge trem, and not just any low profile system, how did you come to a conclusion that a low profile FR system is easier to tune and stays in tune longer than the original design? In reality, both of those statements are false.
Quote by pifty
Aside from the fact that the thread is about an Ibanez LoPro Edge trem, and not just any low profile system, how did you come to a conclusion that a low profile FR system is easier to tune and stays in tune longer than the original design? In reality, both of those statements are false.

Comparing it to the FR Original that I have on a Ibanez. In reality I think you just want to disagree.
Quote by VGuitarist80
Comparing it to the FR Original that I have on a Ibanez. In reality I think you just want to disagree.
I was going to say that no Ibanez has ever featured an original Floyd Rose from the factory, but factory is the keyword here.

In any case, there's no reason a low profile system would be more stable than a not low profile one. Case in point - LoTRS trems. They are low profile, and are complete junk as far as tuning stability goes. Tuning stability comes from the tightness of assembly and the quality of a fulcrum, not the trem design.

And how is a lopro easier to tune? Both are tuned the same exact way: by attaining a tension balance between the strings and springs. Low profile doesn't make finding this balance even a bit easier. The sole reason low profile systems are used is ergonomics. They don't stick out.
Quote by pifty
I was going to say that no Ibanez has ever featured an original Floyd Rose from the factory, but factory is the keyword here.

In any case, there's no reason a low profile system would be more stable than a not low profile one. Case in point - LoTRS trems. They are low profile, and are complete junk as far as tuning stability goes. Tuning stability comes from the tightness of assembly and the quality of a fulcrum, not the trem design.

And how is a lopro easier to tune? Both are tuned the same exact way: by attaining a tension balance between the strings and springs. Low profile doesn't make finding this balance even a bit easier. The sole reason low profile systems are used is ergonomics. They don't stick out.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.