I'm currently looking for a multiFX pedal...

I recently saw the DigiTech RP500, Boss' ME-50 and GT-10, the Line6 pod, the Vox ToneLab LE that look interesting...

Comments ? Opinions on those ones ?

Other suggestions maybe ?
Last edited by slappyx at Aug 1, 2008,
Looked into any of the Zoom pedals? last week I bought a Zoom g2.1u for $295 aus (you could get a better model in the U.S for your price). I use its modulaton effects in my fx loop and its modelling for recording.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
i have an me50 and im buying an rp500 today i thought about the boss gt10 and gt8 but theres so much stuff you wouldnt use. on the rp500 its easy to use (if you like you can edit presets with software on your pc to save fiddling about with the buttons on the unit) and sounds good and has loads of features and has cubase thrown in for recording. it is the best one for the money.
Yeah like leper said go with the Zoom, they're excellent pedals.

You can get the GFX-3 for $150 and it does more than you will ever need. Minus looping and drums. It's an excellent pedal and a steal at the price. Check it out.
I've tried most of them at one time or another so here's a quick summary:

Zoom/Korg - both are OK but I really didn't find them anything special at all

Pod XT Live - It's the one that everyone talks about and the one that I anticipated buying but it was hugely disappointing. The whole thing was extremely digital and suffered from huge amounts of fizz.

Boss GT8/10 - Fantastic effects in terms of number, quality and versatility. For effects there's none better on the market but the amp models were only average, it's very complex to use and not as good for recording as others.

Tonelab LE - Effects are limited and it doesn't do high gain very well, you'd need an additional pedal but as long as you never venture into high gain, the amp models are the best available.

RP500 - This is pretty much the replacement for a GNX3000, or as close as Digitech are going to get anyway. It's a very good overall package that is easy to use and has very good computer interface.

GNX3000 - Right now this is a steal as they're phasing it out so can be had for half the price of the others. Amp models aren't quite as valve-like as the Tonelab but they are better than everything else I've mentioned and unlike the Tonelab they also do very high gain amp models superbly. Amp models are vastly improved if you get the Supermodels disc. Effects are quite extensive and of good quality while the computer interface and recording facilities are the best here.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Last edited by Doadman at Aug 1, 2008,
wow i never knew digitech made decent multieffects.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
If you want multi fx, then you should actually look at some multi fx, not digital amp modeling. I personally recommend a G-Major/FCB1010 combo. Slightly over budget but used is an option.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
If you want multi fx, then you should actually look at some multi fx, not digital amp modeling. I personally recommend a G-Major/FCB1010 combo. Slightly over budget but used is an option.

i hear people talking about g-major pedals a lot, but where can you puchase them?

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
i thought gmajor made like separate stomp boxes or something....
ughh....

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
OK thanks !

Btw Jim, I saw you've got a Vox Tonelab... Does it suits you well ?
Maybe you'd want to check out the Roger Linn Adrenalinn III like what I got. It's well loaded and it's a beat-synced multi-fx-amp modeling-drum box.

It got stuff like 40 amp models, stereo reverb with 5 room sizes, tremelo sequences, filter sequences, arpeggiator sequences, random flanger-tremelo-filter, and tons more.

200 user and 200 drum presets for tons of explorations and all writable (that's a bonus).

However, it uses midi interface for computer and midi controllerboard.
Quote by slappyx
OK thanks !

Btw Jim, I saw you've got a Vox Tonelab... Does it suits you well ?
I love it, I use it most of the time at home. But I use it as a modeler to play straight into my soundcard, not as an effects unit to use with my amp. Theres a clip of it in my profile.
These go to eleven...
Quote by Martinman300
i have an me50 and im buying an rp500 today

The ME-50 looks pretty cool too... tell me if you prefer the RP500 when you get it
Last edited by slappyx at Aug 1, 2008,
yeh i like the rp more it is so much more versatile than the me 50 and you can get more sounds etc. its not as limiting because there are more options for each effect
I've always been a fan of the Digitech RP series (I have an old, old, old RP90 and I use it in conjunction with my craptastic little 15W crate as a practice rig). It gives me great tones, and I can only assume they've gotten better.
Quote by Martinman300
yeh i like the rp more it is so much more versatile than the me 50 and you can get more sounds etc. its not as limiting because there are more options for each effect

Ok, but what about the "quality" of the effects, amp models ? Because I always heard digitech products were a little under brands like boss or behringer for instance as far as the sound quality is concerned...
sound quality is just as good as my me 50. delays and reverbs are excellent as is the noise gate. its good that i can make more ajustments to it.
Quote by slappyx
Ok, but what about the "quality" of the effects, amp models ? Because I always heard digitech products were a little under brands like boss or behringer for instance as far as the sound quality is concerned...

I'm not familiar with the Boss products. I'm fairly happy with the RP line. The new ones have 24 bit codec, new AudioDNA chip, USB, tuner, software to edit, expression pedal, headphone jack, mono/stereo 1/4 outputs, customizable presets.

So, I took all of things into consideration too.

nothing against boss as they may have all of this too.