I decided to learn Serbian (of all languages). Anyone got any sites for language learning I could look at? Anyone know any TV stations/newspapers I could also acess online.

Also,what would be an easy way of learning the Cyrillic alphabet?

Congrats. You are one of the only Pit goers doing something.
EDIT: I have no clue. Does Rosetta Stone have a Serbian one?
first learn it with the latin alphabet, then just the hang of the cyrillic one (most of the letters are the same...just the B is actually a v sound, and H is an n sound and so on...)
Quote by seljer
first learn it with the latin alphabet, then just the hang of the cyrillic one (most of the letters are the same...just the B is actually a v sound, and H is an n sound and so on...)

Good idea...
Quote by smb
Find someone Serbian to talk to.

doubt you'll find someone that knows how to talk :P
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by AlskiOverload
Congrats. You are one of the only Pit goers doing something.
EDIT: I have no clue. Does Rosetta Stone have a Serbian one?

Yes, I think they should. But for learning a language, you might have to invest a couple dollars ( pounds, francs, yen wherever you live).
Quote by Kozlic
doubt you'll find someone that knows how to talk :P
What? If this is a joke, it's not a good one.
some of the characters are honestly pretty neat, thats a good enough reason to learn it
i mean, you've got one that looks like a squished bug and another that looks like the starship Enterprise

I can understand most of Serbian spoken (former Yugoslavia and all that), but I wasn't old enough to learn the cyrillic alphabet in school (nor to learn 'serbo-croatian' in school)
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I have Serbian friends, hence why I am learning it.
Well...erm...do that then.
Quote by seljer
some of the characters are honestly pretty neat, thats a good enough reason to learn it
i mean, you've got one that looks like a squished bug and another that looks like the starship Enterprise

Thank you, that made me laugh so much I sprayed my screen with tea.
Quote by seljer

Ю ? is it that one lawl
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
If you want my help Though I'm not Serbian, the alphabet should be pretty much the same.

Heck, I'll go thru how the letters correspond right now.

A (А, B (Б, C (С or Ц, D (Д, E (Е, F (Ф, G (Г, H (Х, I (none, Ай, J (Ж or Дж, K (К, L (Л, M (М, N (Н, O (О, P (П, Q (none, К, R (Р, S (С, T (Т, U (Ю, V (В, W (В, X (none, Кс, Y (Й, Z (З

There are a few other letters, but they don't have a Latin equivalent, so you'd have to work on your phonetic skills first.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
If you want my help Though I'm not Serbian, the alphabet should be pretty much the same.

Heck, I'll go thru how the letters correspond right now.

A (А, B (Б, C (С or Ц, D (Д, E (Е, F (Ф, G (Г, H (Х, I (none, Ай, J (Ж or Дж, K (К, L (Л, M (М, N (Н, O (О, P (П, Q (none, К, R (Р, S (С, T (Т, U (Ю, V (В, W (В, X (none, Кс, Y (Й, Z (З

There are a few other letters, but they don't have a Latin equivalent, so you'd have to work on your phonetic skills first.

I love you...!
Did you even finish learning the other 1888893930843205 languages you wanted to learn? Or even start. How's violin going? ****.

EDIT: ****ing necro.....
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Jun 29, 2009,