Good idea? Bad idea? Terrible idea?

I dont have a bass amp, and It's obviously difficult practicing to a track if I can't hear myself!
I thought I might run my jazz bass into one of these little guys (a Roland CM-30), just so I can hear myself while I play along with a CD. Now I'm not too concerned about tone, but is this dangerous in any way for the monitor itself?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
if you run a bass amp thru a guitar amp, you will damage the speaker. the louder you play, the worse the damage.

guitar amps are not built to handle the extra-low frequencies of a bass.

i don't recommend the idea. you can use a keyboard amp, a vocal amp, or a PA for bass, but i wouldn't try it with a guitar amp.
Quote by frigginjerk
if you run a bass amp thru a guitar amp, you will damage the speaker. the louder you play, the worse the damage.

guitar amps are not built to handle the extra-low frequencies of a bass.

i don't recommend the idea. you can use a keyboard amp, a vocal amp, or a PA for bass, but i wouldn't try it with a guitar amp.

All of this is true, and it doesn't help if the guitar amp is as small as the one you have.
I've used Roland CUBE 60 guitar amp for two years on my band's rehearsals, so I don't see the problem... and yes, I haven't damaged it a bit... all this ruckus about damaging an amp is unimportant if you take care of the amp, as in not bringing the knobs to their maximum positions...
Quote by MC_Rimes
I've used Roland CUBE 60 guitar amp for two years on my band's rehearsals, so I don't see the problem... and yes, I haven't damaged it a bit... all this ruckus about damaging an amp is unimportant if you take care of the amp, as in not bringing the knobs to their maximum positions...

Whether it damaged it or not, it would of sounded ****.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I've absolutely killed my 10w guitar amp playing bass through it at uni, even at really low volumes.

Admittedly, it was a horribly bad amp (some noname starter kit amp) so I didn't care, but harm is pretty much inevitable.

Is the Cube 30 Monitor a vocal amp? If so, you might damage it - very few people have voices that mimic a bass's range, and it won't be designed to handle the low frequencies (although it'll almost certainly be more able to handle them than a guitar amp).
Quote by ChemicalFire
Whether it damaged it or not, it would of sounded ****.

Well, if you don't have money and you get one for free, then you have to put up with crappy sound.
OH, I'm sure glad everyone bothered to look up the amp itself and find out, that sure saved me some typing...*sigh*

It's not a guitar amp, nor a vocal amp, it's a powered studio monitor. It's meant to handle a large range of frequencies, including the bass frequencies.

Yes, TS, it is absolutely fine to use this amp, just don't push it, and don't expect it to sound good.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it