So I have a vintage Bass half stack by Crate B-285 to be exact. That would be considered a lower end crate, back in the day at least, and I love the thing. Theres a shop about 25 miles away from me that sells ALOT of used gear and they have Crate 600's and a couple of older XL's for like a 100 bucks. So that mean theoretically I could have a half stack set up for like 250. I've never tried these out before so I don;t know teh sound. Is that the downfall do they just sound like utter crap? Would I just need to get a distortion pedal to replace probably what I figure to be some weak overdrive effect?

Basically just looking for past experiences with the heads particularly. I mean the price is just great so I was thinking if I hate it I could still sell it for something?
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I don't have any experience with that particular amp, but I gotta say, a half stack for 250 is either a 1 in a million deal for a good setup, or, more likely, it sucks out loud.

Get your ass to the shop, try it, and report back, soldier!
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Stratoblaster73
I don't have any experience with that particular amp, but I gotta say, a half stack for 250 is either a 1 in a million deal for a good setup, or, more likely, it sucks out loud.

Get your ass to the shop, try it, and report back, soldier!

No, a halfstack for 250 is pretty much always going to "suck out loud".

You need to spend a decent amount of money on speakers and cab construction, if you want to sound good.
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, a halfstack for 250 is pretty much always going to "suck out loud".

You need to spend a decent amount of money on speakers and cab construction, if you want to sound good.

Shh, I was trying to encourage him
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.