The Bassist in my band has a Fender Rumble 15 amp, and he wants to get something a bit louder, usable for small gigs. Our drummer doesn't play too hard, so no worries there. He can cut through with 15 watts somehow... we actually tell him to turn it down sometimes. I looked in the FAQ thread, and just need some more suggestions and opinions on amps. He is interested in this. Is it a good amp? is there better in the $250-maximum price range?

We play rock. Everything from Rage to the Beatles. and no Metallica type stuff.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I like line 6 amps. I say to go with that one. And how the hell does he cut through with a 15W? Can u tell me what settings he uses?
Any specific models?
I told him not to get the Line6 cause i have a Spider myself and the modeling sucks the tone from the guitar. I thought it might be the same with the bass amp. Is this true?
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Send him to your local shop and get him to try every amp in his price range, and bu the one he likes.
BISH.
BASH.
BOSH.
Quote by corrda00
I like line 6 amps. I say to go with that one. And how the hell does he cut through with a 15W? Can u tell me what settings he uses?

I dunno. Like i said, we don't have a loud drummer, and i personally keep my amp somewhat quiet so i can hear the rest of the band, but the other guitarist is usually wicked loud. He just turns the volume up all the way on the bass and is at like 3-oclock on the amp. Or maybe he turns the amp up almost all the way and has his bass volume 3/4 of the way... not sure.
Do NOT let him get a Line 6. I have the LD 175 and it sucks, the sound becomes distorted when the volumes at 6. In the "death metal" band I play in I can barely hear myself so you'll be very quiet with the 110 and probably constantly asking everyone else to turn down or play softer if they play louder than usual at the gigs. Although, you won't find much better with only 250 USD. You should think about extending your price range and getting an ashdown half stack.
Quote by 6stringbasshred
Send him to your local shop and get him to try every amp in his price range, and bu the one he likes.
BISH.
BASH.
BOSH.

We went to GC and sat down, and the first thing he plugged into was the line6. He didn't bother to play anything else really. it sounds so great to him cause his current amp is kinda bad. he isn't a patient kid and doesn't care much about his tone. the first amp he likes is what he thinks he wants to buy.
i hear alot of crap about line 6. but if thats what your set on then it should be able to do the job. 75w is quite a bit if hes been able to get by with a 15w. which i too find hard to believe lol
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Ampeg BA112 50W, Acoustic B100, Fender Rumble 60. IMHO he should wait and get something 200-300 watts
Quote by Victory2134
Do NOT let him get a Line 6. I have the LD 175 and it sucks, the sound becomes distorted when the volumes at 6. In the "death metal" band I play in I can barely hear myself so you'll be very quiet with the 110 and probably constantly asking everyone else to turn down or play softer if they play louder than usual at the gigs. Although, you won't find much better with only 250 USD. You should think about extending your price range and getting an ashdown half stack.

he needs it to be easily mobile for band practices. thanks for the input, though.
your bassist, do you own him? if so, i would like to buy one. how much do they cost, because i don't want to sell my drummer cage to pay for one
Quote by Retro Rocker
You can use the good old Biological Excuse.
That being, this is the age where our hormones are raging around the most, it's a choice between wanking, semi-pissing the bed or getting laid everytime you go out.
Quote by pet-peavey
your bassist, do you own him? if so, i would like to buy one. how much do they cost, because i don't want to sell my drummer cage to pay for one

Lol.
My bad, not MY bassist, i meant the bassist in my band. I don't know what made me write that, I usually don't talk with an air of superiority.

Edit-- wait when did i ever say MY bassist?
Last edited by BD 425 at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by BD 425
Lol.
My bad, not MY bassist, i meant the bassist in my band. I don't know what made me write that, I usually don't talk with an air of superiority.

Edit-- wait when did i ever say MY bassist?

The title of this thread.

But I'm pretty sure he means it as a joke.
haha i just realized that i said it in the title. I know he's kidding, i laughed a bit.
Quote by BD 425
The Bassist in my band has a Fender Rumble 15 amp, and he wants to get something a bit louder, usable for small gigs. Our drummer doesn't play too hard, so no worries there. He can cut through with 15 watts somehow... we actually tell him to turn it down sometimes. I looked in the FAQ thread, and just need some more suggestions and opinions on amps. He is interested in this. Is it a good amp? is there better in the $250-maximum price range?

We play rock. Everything from Rage to the Beatles. and no Metallica type stuff.

i have this amp - tell your bassist to go to the store right now and buy it.

it can play ANY genre and has plenty of boosts and effects, i am really satisfied with this amp and you will be too, and its loud as hell too
I have the LD150. I wouldn't recommend buying Line 6 bass gear at the moment. It has a bunch of little quirks.

-My presets will randomly sound different sometimes.

-The octaver is worthless.

-The chorus is alright, I don't like it personally.

-The envelope filter is actually really nice.

-It doesn't cut through very well. When I was in a metal band it was pretty much impossible to hear myself.

-It feedbacks. Alot. The Grind setting is basically unusable at high volumes.

-The synth is such a piece of **** it's not even funny.

-The 'styles' don't change the sound very much. The differences between clean, R&B, and brit are almost indistinguishable.

Overall I'd say wait a few years for them get the kinks out of the software.
Yeah, we're out here in the northeast and Carvin is way the hell in California. Bummer. I'm gonna tell him to wait on the Line 6, cause there are obviously mixed reviews on it. Just tell me this: is it one of the amps where a 5000 dollar bass will sound nearly the same as a 500 dollar bass? this is the case with Spider guitar amps.

To those of you who think it isn't loud enough, I think he'll be fine. I have a 120 watt solidstate combo amp and the other guitarist is getting a 100 watt solid state combo soon. We don't have a loud drummer. The bassist somehow gets by with 15 watts. I honestly think that 50 watts will be enough.
if he is gonna try and get by with 50 watts, I'd say Acoustic AB50.

but I have that now, and even though the tone is great, it just isn't loud enough.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom