ok so i need some advise i wanna get a bugera 333xl 212 for christmas but since i bought my spider a year ago their like "no u dont need a new amp now" Now being the key word. So does any one have some advise of how i should go about persuading them to let me buy the amp. and for the record im gonna be payin for like 70%-80% of the $700 price tag so they aren't paying for the whole thing.

(Bump, put in new title)
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
dude youre 24
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
I agree with iceman. But you don't need a new amp, you want a new amp. If your parents won't help you buy it just wait until you get the money.
Last edited by lmihay at Jul 31, 2008,
Quote by gishuk
dude youre 24

Even though his profile says he is, I really, really hope that isn't true...

EDIT: Phew...
Quote by gishuk
dude youre 24

dude i put in a random year on my profile birth days always do that with any thing that needs a birth day to sign up
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
get on your knees and provide the 70-80% as proof. cry if applicable.

lmao
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
ok well since ur myspace says ur 14 i would say just get a job....
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
ok well since ur myspace says ur 14 i would say just get a job....

dude how'd u find it
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
You could just suck it up. Deal with the fact that you're parents won't shell out a "measly" $500 for an amp. Do some odd jobs around the neighbor, show them you deserve it.
What do you need the new amp for? Practice or are you actually in a band?
Quote by Slay 'Em
What do you need the new amp for? Practice or are you actually in a band?

im in a band. and i want the amp cause when im at GC i play thru spiders and i realized that with spiders u cant tell the dif between a gibby SG standered and an epipi SG special cause the amp covers up all the tone from the guitar so last time i went i played from a tube amp and could tell even the smallist dif in tone of the 2 SGs. so now i hate my spiders sound so im playin my acoustic more cause of that.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
my parents were the same way with me. I had a crappy 10w Dean Starter amp, I told them I wanted a new one, they kept comin back with (you already have an amp, why do you need another?) so finally said screw it, got a job, and bought one myself. Same happened with the guitar until my dad finally bought me my Agile AL 2000 last Sunday lol. well I do hav to pay him back
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
I think you have to work out, that money is actually worth something. My parents stopped buy me stuff no questions asked when I was 10. Since then I have always had to cover over 50%, no matter how pricey it is. Luckily my Dad is a guitar player, so he gets it. If you can cover 80% of it anyway, just cover the rest.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Its called times are tough allover. Im sure your parents see it as they have far better things to spend their money on right now. And they also see it as less than a year ago you begged and irritated to get the amp your using now. They know if they give in now in 8 months it will be another amp because you dont like this one. Suck it up and mow grass etc for the cash.
Quote by sandman-105
ok so i need some advise i wanna get a bugera 333xl 212 for christmas but since i bought my spider a year ago their like "no u dont need a new amp now" Now being the key word. So does any one have some advise of how i should go about persuading them to let me buy the amp. and for the record im gonna be payin for like 70%-80% of the $700 price tag so they aren't paying for the whole thing.

(Bump, put in new title)

24 YEARS OLD?

are you kidding?

Advise: grow up and get a job.

Edit: oh you are 14... well break your line 6 or get a job.
sell your amp. then you wont have one and you will have some more money to help pay for your new one.
Sig What?
You're covering 80%? Just sell your spider to make up for the rest.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by sandman-105
im in a band. and i want the amp cause when im at GC i play thru spiders and i realized that with spiders u cant tell the dif between a gibby SG standered and an epipi SG special cause the amp covers up all the tone from the guitar so last time i went i played from a tube amp and could tell even the smallist dif in tone of the 2 SGs. so now i hate my spiders sound so im playin my acoustic more cause of that.

ah, shucks so what if you cant tell the difference between guitars on a digital amp! it doesnt rly matter!

.........right?......man i want a new amp so bad.......*sigh* oh, well im not good enough for it right now anyway....so i'm going to buy new pups instead XD!

to be on topic...good luck!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
ah, shucks so what if you cant tell the difference between guitars on a digital amp! it doesnt rly matter!

.........right?......man i want a new amp so bad.......*sigh* oh, well im not good enough for it right now anyway....so i'm going to buy new pups instead XD!

to be on topic...good luck!

You're not gonna hear a bit of difference with new pups...Pups should be the very last thing to up, IMO. Save your money and get a new amp first.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
You're not gonna hear a bit of difference with new pups...Pups should be the very last thing to up, IMO. Save your money and get a new amp first.

yea, i know that. i'm actually thinking about a little blackheart 5 watt cause i figured that would work in a dorm, but i just bought myself a nice pedal that works with headphones, and my parents bought me this spider just last year and they dont understand why i now want a tube, so i dont want to offend them either. therefore, im waiting and doing what i can now, and then buying a tube at Christmas or maybe summer.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
and guys for the record i was planning to save like $500 and then use my christmas money to pay the rest so currently i only have like some were between 20%-30% right now
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
dude how'd u find it

Go to YOUR OWN profile.

READ the about me.

YOU PUT A LINK......for YOUR! myspace....IN YOUR profile....
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Ask your mom why she has more than one pair of shoes.

Ask your Dad why he doesn't still drive a junker like his first car was.

Ask them both why you don't just drive a race car on the street to the track. (Practice with your spider, save your tube life for band practice/gigs)

Basically make a ****ton of analogies about starting out with something substandard then working your way up to something good, or having dual ownership of two varying grades of things to be more economical. Alternatively, swallow your pride and say you were wrong when you bought your Spider.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
Go to YOUR OWN profile.

READ the about me.

YOU PUT A LINK......for YOUR! myspace....IN YOUR profile....

hahaha ya dude he's 14 alright.

Anyways, maybe your amp can have some unfortunate accident?
just ask for some money, and use it to buy the amp. holy shit its not hard
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
ya i get this all the time...but im almost sixteen, so i pull the old
"but this is the last time i will get to spend money on personal gain, not to support myself in the cruel twisted darkness of the world" *tear*.... ←←← or SUMTHIN like that...not really

anyway, i would recommend turning your amp up real loud,
putting it to a real ****ty confused messy crunchy setting...
then when your rents complain, just say "well this is the best i can get with THIS THING....guess you have to live with it for awhile"

[/pointless typing to pass the time]
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
who the hell dug this up lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS